Submit a Manuscript
Detailed instructions for authors for ESA's subscription journals, open access journals, American Entomologist magazine, and Thomas Say books are available. Use the links below to access the instructions for authors for the publications of interest to you.
For authors familiar with the ESA Style Guide previously hosted on ESA's website, the information from the style guide is now available through the instructions for authors listed below.
- Annals of the Entomological Society of America instructions for authors
- Environmental Entomology instructions for authors
- Insect Systematics and Diversity instructions for authors
- Journal of Economic Entomology instructions for authors
- Journal of Medical Entomology instructions for authors
- Journal of Integrated Pest Management instructions for authors
- Journal of Insect Science instructions for authors
- Arthropod Management Tests instructions for authors
- American Entomologist instructions for authors
- Thomas Say instructions for authors
Articles for ESA's journals should be submitted electronically using the ESA web-based manuscript submission system, ScholarOne. Submit new manuscripts to our journals using the following links:
- American Entomologist at http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/ament
- Annals of the ESA at http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/aesa
- Arthropod Management Tests at http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/amt (note that the login for the Arthropod Management Tests online submission site is separate from ESA's other submission sites due to the unique nature of Arthropod Management Tests)
- Environmental Entomology at http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/envent
- Insect Systematics and Diversity at http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/isd
- Journal of Economic Entomology at http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/econent
- Journal of Insect Science at http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/jis
- Journal of Integrated Pest Management at http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/jipm
- Journal of Medical Entomology at http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/medent
All authors using ScholarOne are required to set up an account by filling in their contact information and determining their user name and password. Once a paper is submitted through the system, the author can log on subsequently and see the status of his or her manuscript.