R&D Specialist II – Entomologist
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Research and Development (R&D) Specialist II-Entomologist, are to:
- Build, implement, and maintain Quality Management System in accordance with internal requirements and external ETS and ISO standards to monitor and improve insectary and field testing performance;
- Work with insect colony leads;
- Build, implement, and maintain Smartsheet dashboards for insectary monitoring, reporting, and communication with stakeholders;
- Develop, implement, and monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) to check and continuously improve the performance of workflows within the Quality Management System (QMS);
- Ensure success in Bayer QMS audit program and third party ISO audits;
- Support directly insectary workflows with 50% of time learning and contribute to insect rearing activities;
- Organize and communicate specialized reports, including analyzing and interpreting the results of experiments, production KPIs, cost/benefit analysis, and lab related issues to partners and key stakeholders;
- Coordinate and drive efforts to optimize workflows;
- Ensure method validation using multiple data sources;
- Leverage specialized scientific techniques to conduct experiments and test process improvements;
- Adhere to established protocols and techniques;
- Operate and troubleshoot instrumentation, required to solve routine problems requiring original thinking and deductive reasoning of diverse procedures within specialized laboratory technology;
- Work together with Safety Officer to provide training to contingent workforce;
- Maintain detailed record keeping and required documentation.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Non degreed with at least 10 years relevant experience in academia or industry OR Bachelor of Science with at least two years of related experience in academia or industry OR Master of Science with at least one year of relevant experience;
- Proficiency with data analysis and visualization software;
- Ability to maintain detailed records of experimental data, time, and resources;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills that build productive relationships and influences others;
- Champion change across site with employees, collaborators, and stakeholders to ensure adoption and success of process improvement projects and quality initiatives;
- Proven ability to combine flexibility and integrity.
This position may offer relocation. This position does not offer sponsorship assistance.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Location: United States : Tennessee : Union City
Division: Crop Science
Reference Code: 412582
Contact Us email@example.com