The position will be located at the Northwestern Agricultural Research Center (NWARC) near Kalispell, Montana.The individual will support the integrated pest management and cultivar development programs. The successful candidate will participate in the design, establishment, and maintenance of field studies, the application of treatments including pesticides, data collection, and the analysis and summarization of research results. Duties also include the operation and maintenance of field and laboratory equipment, greenhouse culture, and the supervision of part time and seasonal labor. The individual must be able to work with a wide variety of constituents, be self-motivated and be able to work without close supervision. Some in-state travel will be required.
Required qualifications include:
- B.S. in agronomy, biology or a closely related discipline.
- Field research experience in agronomic crops including: experimental design, field plot layout, establishment and precision seeding; plot maintenance including fertilization and pest management; precision harvesting of experimental plots, and procedures and practices associated with grain cleaning and processing.
- Experience in measuring, collecting and recording of response variables and the associated data management procedures required for statistical analysis.
- Experience in supervising part-time help.
Preferred qualifications include:
- M.S. in agronomy, biology, or closely related field.
- Research experience relating to integrated pest management and cultivar evaluation/plant breeding.
- Knowledge of the crops and production practices associated with Northwest Montana.
- Experience with SAS and ARM software systems.
- Experience in the operation and maintenance of field and laboratory equipment.
- Experience in statistical analysis, interpretation and presentation.
To view the full position description and the application process, please visit the MSU jobs website: http://jobs.montana.edu/postings/9009