Jobs @ AUM
Innovate the Future of Agriculture – Today
AUM LifeTech, Inc. is a Philadelphia based Biotechnology company focused on using next-generation RNA silencing technology to develop solutions at the genetic level in diverse life science verticals including biomedical research, medicine, agriculture, and aquaculture. Currently, we are looking for passionate and highly motivated individuals who wish to have a front-row seat to innovate the future of agriculture. It will be challenging but at the same time, it will be fun and extremely gratifying. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to grow and advance their professional and personal life with the company and work towards a shared mission. At AUM, we believe that the only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go beyond them into the impossible.
Position Title: Research Associate
Job Description: AUM LifeTech is currently hiring a Research Associate to advance our insect and pest management programs and to fight plant diseases/infections using AUM’s next-generation RNA silencing technologies. Our goal is to build a research team of driven scientists focused on solving such problems using nucleic acids-based technologies like RNA Silencing and CRISPR. The candidate will have a proven track record of scientific productivity. The individual will participate in strategic discussions, collaborate across partner lines and coordinate program activities. Candidate should be able to translate basic research findings into novel strategies that may eventually support product development. AUM LifeTech is looking for candidates who have experience in entomology and/or plant biology with a focus on insect and pest management. We are also looking for researchers/innovators who have experience in working on infectious diseases related to viral, bacterial or fungal infections.
• Apply scientific and technical expertise to discovery programs that support product development to combat insects, pests and plant diseases/infections.
• Conceptualize and design experiments for disease/infection models.
• Provide scientific inputs in identifying, evaluating, innovating and developing novel products.
• Author patent applications.
• Author manuscripts for quality publications in top-tier and peer-reviewed journals.
• Grant writing. Prepare materials for submission to granting agencies and foundations.
• Monitor and expand progress of company’s existing research projects and coordinate related tasks.
• Maintain awareness of scientific and technical developments in the field.
• Conduct literature reviews.
• Have a lot of fun while working.
Job Specific Requirements:
• Experience in basic/translational research and development.
• Experience in technologies like RNA silencing (antisense or RNAi) and/or gene editing platforms like CRISPR.
• Consistent publication record in peer-reviewed journals (patents are a plus) OR proven relevant work experience.
• Experience in grant writing is recommended but not required.
• Ability to work in a startup company environment.
• Strong conceptual innovating thinking and ability to integrate inputs from diverse fields of entomology and/or plant diseases/infections.
• Experience in performing in vitro and in vivo experiments. Experience in field experiments is a plus.
• Candidate should be able to review the literature to formulate new ideas and have the ability to work independently as well as with an interdisciplinary team of scientists in a highly collaborative environment.
• Strong communication and public presentation skills.
• Strong aptitude in problem-solving.
• Strong ability to multi-task and handle multiple programs.
• Strong results driven personality, high level of enthusiasm, motivation, and energy.
• Flexibility to acquire additional competencies and skill sets as mandated by the changing needs of the organization.
Education Requirements: Ph.D. OR M.S./M.Sc. degree with relevant experience.
Pay Range: Commensurate with level of experience.
Location: Philadelphia, PA [possibility to work remotely].
To apply please e-mail a brief statement of interest and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.