Research Associate II, Entomology
About the Opportunity
The Research Associate II, Entomology will be responsible for providing and leading technical support to the Entomology research group in conducting laboratory and field trials on economically important arthropods in blackberry, blueberry, raspberry, and strawberry, and will be part of a multi-location team working on pest management, pollinator services, and arthropod plant interactions.
About the Company
Driscoll's is the leading supplier and marketer of organic and conventional strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and blackberries in the world. A fourth-generation, family-owned and operated company, Driscoll’s has built upon the genetic work and innovation of our founders to fulfill our mission to ‘Continually Delight Berry Consumers.’
We utilize traditional plant breeding methods to create plant varieties that produce ONLY THE FINEST BERRIES™. This plant material is then patented, cultivated in Driscoll’s nurseries and supplied to our independent farmer partners around the world to grow Driscoll’s brand berries.
Driscoll’s company culture is rooted in our mission, values, and commitment to creating a supportive work environment that fosters open and friendly communication, encourages collaboration and team interaction, and provides clear focus and direction. For more information about our company, including our Mission and Values, please go to www.driscolls.com.
• Assists in design and set up of trials in laboratory, test plot, and commercial fields. This may include growing plants, culturing arthropods, applying insecticides and biological agents.
• Manages research technician and research trials.
• Leads treatment application and data capture in research trials. This may include maintaining traps, counting samples, using remote sensing, and taking plant metrics.
• Performs data collection, statistical analysis, summarizes research, writes reports and develops presentations.
• Contributes to process-improvement and knowledge gain in R&D.
• Other duties as instructed.
• MS in Entomology or related field or BS with research experience.
• Detail-oriented, organized, and able to manage data.
• Self-starter who is able to learn new things quickly.
• Able to work independently without supervision as well as with others within entomology and other departments.
• Able to work in field, laboratory and office settings.
• California driver’s license and ability to be covered under company-sponsored vehicle insurance.
• Willingness to travel domestically.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs.
• English fluency required and Spanish communication skills would be an asset.
To apply, please visit our website at www.driscolls.com/about/careers and submit cover letter and resume to Job #R0002131.