Lawmakers and others on Capitol Hill have the unenviable task of developing legislation and regulations for a myriad of industries and professions - from agriculture to zoology and from astronomy to zoning. They rely on experts in each field to keep them informed when topics arise that need additional information. Position statements and fact sheets are tools that ESA and other professional societies use to simplify our often complex industries.
Whereas position statements are drafted to sway opinion on a topic, fact sheets are simply that - compiled factual information that is known and based on the available science at the time of publication. They are developed and approved by the ESA Science Policy Committee. They remain as shareable resources for the Society until they are edited, replaced by newer information, or otherwise retired by the Society.
If you have an additional topic that you would like to see the Science Policy Committee address, please use our comments form to make that request.
- Insects as Food and Feed (April 1, 2020)
- Comparing Lyme and malaria management in the United States (October 25, 2019)
- Global Insect Biodiversity: Frequently Asked Questions (March 4, 2019)
- Is Bt safe for humans to eat? (May 3, 2018)
- Modern mosquito management techniques (September 25, 2017)
- Screwworm fact sheet (November 28, 2016)
- IPM-based mosquito management fact sheet (September 6, 2016)
- Fact sheet on Zika and the Aedes aegypti mosquito (February 22, 2016)