Medical, Urban, and Veterinary Entomology (MUVE) Student Travel Awards
The MUVE Student Travel Awards recognize MUVE student members who have demonstrated excellence in the Medical, Urban and Veterinary Entomology. Five travel awards consisting of $500 each will be available to all MUVE student members. The recipient is presented with the award at the ESA Annual Meeting during the MUVE networking business meeting.
For questions about this award, please contact MUVE President Changlu Wang.
The nominee must an ESA student member affiliated with the MUVE Section at the time the award is received.
Nomination packages must include:
- Cover letter to the MUVE president, describe briefly your interest in the ESA and MUVE, and career goals.
- A 2-3 page CV (Click here for the CV template).
- A nomination letter from your academic advisor.
- One page research abstract, including statement of the research problem, objectives, methods and approaches, and progress to date.
- All documents should be merged into one PDF file for ease of review by the panel.
Nominees will be judged using the following criteria for a total of 50 points:
- Academic Record (maximum 10 points)
- Publications (maximum 10 points)
- Non-ref Pubs (maximum 5 points)
- Outreach/Extension (maximum 5 points)
- Teaching (maximum 5 points)
- Contributions to ESA (maximum 5 points)
- Project Abstract (maximum 5 points)
- Support Letter (maximum 5 points)
All nominations should be submitted via the MUVE Award Nomination website. Only one PDF file will be accepted. Font size for text may not be smaller than 10 point.
The awards administrator will notify all candidates and their nominators with the results of their nominations approximately two months after the nomination submission deadline.
View the list of those who have previously received this award.
Nomination packages must be received via the MUVE Award Nomination website by July 1, 2019. This deadline refers to receipt by the awards administrator of a complete package in a readable format.