Senior Associate, Entomologist- Urban Entomologist
SC Johnson is a fifth-generation family company built on a spirit of adventure and winning the right way. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building top brands such as Raid®, Glade®, Kiwi®, OFF!®, Windex®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country. Through these household names, we are making a positive difference to the world around us. But we only succeed with the combined vitality and strength of our 13,000 people who we truly value and support in their pursuit of individual and shared goals. Together, we are creating a better future – for the planet, for future generations and for every SCJ team member. Come join us and make an impact through iconic global brands. GO FURTHER WITH OUR FAMILY™
This position is part of the Research, Development, & Engineering group for the Global Pest Control Division. It provides subject matter expertise in the biology & control of household pests and disease vectors, and executes product performance testing as a core team member on multiple cross functional project teams. The candidate will work across a range of insect types, product systems, and global markets and have a direct impact on meeting project and business objectives. They will also identify opportunities for application of new testing methodologies, and leverage scientific insights to provide input and identify new opportunities for project and development teams. This position provides the opportunity to work in both lab and field testing environments.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Delivering on short and long term project objectives, as part of a cross functional team, that results in the successful commercialization of new products or renovation of core businesses.
- Generating robust experimental data to substantiate product performance against global regulatory efficacy requirements
- Documenting efficacy testing methodologies, data, and analysis to project teams and issue final reports and recommendations
- Providing entomology method expertise in support of regulatory method reviews
- Reviewing consumer facing marketing communication content & product claims
- Remaining current in related entomology/technical fields, reporting to manager new developments and opportunities
- Development and implementation of emerging control technologies for household pests and disease vectors
- Design, execute and defend claim substantiation studies
- Schedule, organize and lead Pest Control laboratory and field tests, as required.
- Provide support for customer outreach and internal education
- Act as GLP study director and/or investigator for internal and external studies when appropriate.
- Master’s degree in urban entomology, combined with 2+ years of industrial experience
- PhD with emphasis on applied research in lieu of industrial experience
- Experience working with a range of flying and crawling insects of urban importance
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Experience in consumer or industrial products, resulting in commercialization
- Demonstrated knowledge of active ingredients and delivery systems
- Experience in design, planning, and execution of entomological testing in lab and field settings
- Experience as a GLP study director or investigator
- Knowledge of EPA registration or other regulatory body protocols
- Statistical design of experiments and data analysis
- Working in international environments
- Ability to progress multiple projects concurrently
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel internationally
Apply on our website at http://www.scjohnson.com/en/Careers/overview.aspx Keyword search 5448
S.C. Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.