Senior Associate, Entomology, Strategic Communication & Claims
SC Johnson is a fifth-generation family company built on a spirit of adventure and winning the right way. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building top brands such as Raid®, Glade®, Kiwi®, OFF!®, Windex®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country. Through these household names, we are making a positive difference to the world around us. But we only succeed with the combined vitality and strength of our 13,000 people who we truly value and support in their pursuit of individual and shared goals. Together, we are creating a better future – for the planet, for future generations and for every SCJ team member. Come join us and make an impact through iconic global brands. GO FURTHER WITH OUR FAMILY™
This position is part of the Research, Development, & Engineering group for the Global Pest Control Division. It provides technical expertise and execution excellence in building effective ways to communicate product technical performance to customers and consumers. This person will work with existing products systems and new technologies, with internal teams and external partners, and will participate with multiple cross functional teams working on product development and core product renovation. This is an opportunity to convert deep scientific knowledge and detail oriented execution into expressive communication that engages people around the globe.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Developing entomological testing methods and data analysis techniques to generate product claims that win in the global marketplace.
- Providing scientific insight to cross functional team members, such as marketing, consumer insights, and sensory, that lead to claim strategies and motivating consumer communication.
- Connecting consumer motivations and desires with technical product knowledge to ensure test methods and data generation supports meaningful messaging.
- Leading cross-functional sessions to scope, ideate, and storyboard potential messages for priority launches.
- Collaborating with internal advisors to ensure methods, communications and visualizations will align with legal and regulatory standards.
- Representing the SC Johnson entomology research function to external stakeholders, such as key customers, at scientific conferences, to research partners, and in public facing media.
- Creating novel approaches to quantify product technical performance.
- Creating engaging technical visualizations for use in customer and consumer facing communication
- Generating statistically robust data sets that conform to global regulatory requirements
- Provide expertise in active ingredients and delivery systems used for controlling household pests and disease vectors
- Executing and effectively reporting & documenting laboratory and field tests
- Developing and presenting internal scientific education
- Master’s degree in urban entomology
- 3 years of industry experience or applied research
- Demonstrated experience with statistical experimental design and data analysis
- Exceptional capacity for translating complex scientific concepts into approachable language
- Savvy in the creation of visual imagery
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bioefficacy testing across a range of flying and crawling insects
- Demonstrated knowledge of active ingredients and entomological testing
- Experience in creating new testing methods to achieve new endpoint measurements
- Ease & interest in public speaking
- Demonstrated ability to create original research, as evidenced by peer reviewed publications
- Knowledge of regulatory and registration requirements
- Self-starting bias for action in the face of ambiguity
- Must be able to travel internationally
Apply on our website at http://www.scjohnson.com/en/Careers/overview.aspx Keyword search 5444
S.C. Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.