Southeastern Branch Distinguished Achievement Award in Extension
This award recognizes and encourages outstanding contributions to Extension entomology. Recipients of this award are nominated for the ESA Distinguished Achievement Award in Extension.The award will be presented at the ESA-SEB Annual Meeting. The recipient is expected to be present at this meeting to receive the award. For more information about this award, contact SEB Professional Awards Chair, G. David Buntin.
The nominee must be a current ESA-SEB member and have contributed significantly to extension entomology through program creativity, delivery and impact. A recipient of a widely recognized extension award will not be eligible unless the accomplishment cited as the basis for nomination represents new work. Previous recipients of this award are not eligible. Re-nomination of unsuccessful candidates is encouraged.
Nominations for this award may be made by any ESA-SEB member or unit administrator in the SEB region. Members of the Awards Committee are not eligible to nominate candidates or receive this award during their terms. Nominations packages must include the following:
- Cover page with the year and name, address, telephone number and email address of nominee
- Letter of nomination
- Academic record, including degrees, dates and institutions
- Brief description of employment and professional experience in horticultural entomology
- Statement of accomplishments in horticultural entomology on which the nomination is based, including demonstrated excellence in program development, delivery and impact
- Assessment of the nominee's accomplishments emphasizing work during the preceding 10-year period to be recognized by the award
- Professional activities during past 10 years, including offices and memberships in professional societies
- List of publications, patents and extension materials during past 10 years, e.g., guides, handbooks, news articles and columns, visuals, media presentations
- List of scholarly presentations and innovative training programs during past 10 years
- Related information, includingcommunity activities, youth programs, and awards and other recognition
- Additional supporting information, including no more than three letters of recommendation from professional colleagues and clientele
A candidate nominated, but not selected, may be re-nominated no more than two times within the 2-year period after the initial submission. Nomination packages will be retained for two years by both the ESA National Office and Entomological Foundation. Nominators must send a letter of re-nomination to the awards administrator by the nomination deadline. Previously submitted documentation will be used for the evaluation process unless the nominator submits new or updated documents. The re-nomination e-mail must contain this additional documentation. New or updated documents must follow the electronic submission requirements.
The awards administrator will notify all candidates and their nominators with the results of their nomination approximately two months after the nomination submission deadline.
View the list of those who have previously received this award.
The ESA SEB Members Award Chair must receive nomination packages by Wednesday December 12, 2018. This deadline refers to receipt of a complete package in a readable format. Therefore, early submission is highly recommended. All submissions must be placed through the Southeastern Branch Award submission site.