Southeastern Branch Photo Salon
Photo salon submissions are being solicited for the upcoming annual meeting of the Southeastern Branch of the Entomological Society of America. Only those individuals in good standing with the ESA (i.e., current membership in SEB) are eligible for submitting images. Selected winning images will be recognized during the Awards Luncheon, and submitting members will receive a certificate of recognition.
All entries must be received by Monday, February 23, 2018.
- Traditional Macro- Macro photography of a living insect/insects, non-living insect or insect material.
- Microphotography- Microscopic photo of living insect/insects, non-living insect or insect material (light microscope or electron microscope).
- Arthropods in action- Sequence photography of 3-6 photos, detailing an action or a single photo telling a story/behavior (i.e. spider catching a fly)
- Artistic- Artistic photographs of insect/ insect themes.
- Entomologists in action- Photographs appreciating your entomological exploits. Must include an entomologist in action.
Only JPEG or TIFF formats will be accepted. Limit entries to two per category. Please name files with your initials followed by a number (e.g. law1.jpeg, law2.jpeg).
Images should have a maximum size equivalent to 3000x2250 pixels or 10in x 7.5in at 300dpi. Files should not exceed 2 MB, and smaller attachments are gladly accepted. Image quality will be restricted to the maximum resolution attained in Microsoft PowerPoint and through standard projecting equipment; therefore, very large files are unnecessary.
In a Word document, include your Name, University & Student/Faculty/Post Doc.
For each photo submitted, include the following additional details:
- File name
- Camera & Lens used
- Location, Month and Year
- Cosmetic corrections if any. Only minor touchups are allowed.
- Any other relevant information (e.g., species name of insect).
Photos will be judged for excellence in photographic technique, aesthetic appeal, and overall.
Image(s) and associated details must be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Hardcopy submissions will not be accepted. Please direct any questions to the Photo Salon Subcommittee Chair Aaron Cato directly.
The Photo Salon is organized by the Student Affairs Committee of the Southeastern Branch.