Sr Bioanalytical Scientist
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Senior Bioanalytical Scientist, are to:
- Conduct research and contribute to research projects, technologies, publications as primary author, intellectual property, or trade secrets;
- Lead scientific and technical projects;
- Design, conduct and interpret complex experiments;
- Develop and implement research and/or technology-driven proposals;
- Be a primary author for scientific reports;
- Effectively communicate research findings;
- Assume project leadership and/or supervisory functions;
- Apply defined scientific principles to solve complex scientific problems;
- Exploit new developments from the scientific literature to aid in problem solving;
- Demonstrate a sustained high level of technical skill and achievement;
- Keep abreast of new science and technological developments and exploit them to continuously improve functional area capabilities;
- Foster team-based approach to research;
- Interact with colleagues in other functions and other departments to solve problems.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Master of Science with at least five years of relevant experience OR Ph.D. with at least three years of relevant experience;
- At least three years of research experience with applied mass spectrometry-based techniques including proteomics, and peer-reviewed publications in the field;
- Hands-on experience with operations and maintenance of LC-MS/MS instruments;
- Strong biology acumen with the ability to independently design experiments and analyze data;
- Proficiency with data analysis and visualization software.
- Skills/experience in structural proteomics and quantitative mass spectrometry based techniques.