With annual sales of $15 billion, Ecolab (ECL) is the global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies and services that protect people and vital resources. Our 49,000 associates help make the world cleaner, safer and healthier by delivering critical insights and innovative solutions to help our customers achieve clean water, safe food, abundant energy and healthy environments at nearly three million customer locations in more than 170 countries.
What’s in it for you:
- The opportunity to develop and deliver innovative programs and best-in-class entomological support for the Global Pest Elimination RD&E team supporting our $800M+ business.
- The opportunity to work closely with a broad range of functional teams, internal and external suppliers, pest industry thought-leaders and customers to create innovative solutions that meet customer needs and drive continued growth of the Pest Elimination Division.
- The opportunity to explore and research new ideas and technologies, responding to the current and future needs of our customers and emerging trends in urban and industrial entomology.
- The opportunity to work directly with customers and Industry Associations to answer questions, solve problems, and be a thought-leader in the Pest Management Industry
What you will do:
- Provide strong leadership and drive communication with entomology experts, cross divisional technology areas and global teams.
- Capture, explore, experiment, and prioritize innovation ideas and concepts – working in coordination with the Global RD&E, Marketing, Training, and Regulatory teams to bring the best ideas forward.
- Work with our sales and operations teams to solve complex problems.
- Develop and evaluate new test methods to assess new technologies in the lab and the field using experimental design, statistics, and data analysis techniques
- Identify customer’s needs or emerging market trends that impact Pest Elimination services and develop proactive solutions.
- Develop relationships with suppliers and inventors to leverage innovation and differentiation.
- Understand Ecolab’s patent landscape, expand our position and protect it as needed.
- As a recognized expert in urban and industrial entomology, speak on behalf of Ecolab at customer and industry events.
- Maintain employee safety standards including 6S lab standards
- PhD in Entomology
- 3+ years’ experience working in a R&D environment
- 3+ years’ experience researching and introducing new innovations to the Pest Control Industry
- Experienced thought leader in the Pest Control Industry (could be demonstrated through membership in committees, presentations at conferences, published papers)
- Experience working with business and marketing teams to align new technologies/innovations to customer needs
- Experience finding and researching new technologies and assessing fit into the commercial pest market
- Recognized expert in urban entomology
- Track record of intellectual property, published work in recognized journal
- Working knowledge of robust product/experimental design/data analysis
- Experience working with commercial customers as an industry expert
- Experience providing technical support to a sales/service team
- Experience mentoring/managing others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in project management and working with teams
Apply at Ecolab.com/careers
Position: Staff Scientist