Study Director, Entomologist
As the newest GLP compliant Study Director at i2L Research, you will hit the ground running as the point person on an eclectic set of studies. Most of these studies will be conducted in a lab environment, but there is a possibility for field work as well. As far as volume goes, there can be as many as 30+ studies on your docket at any time; all in varying stages of completion and complexity. To ensure success, you will have the support of a small, close-knit team and will also serve to help complete other study directors’ tasks when needed. A successful Study Director will be flexible, a strong communicator, and have the ability to prioritize importance of tasks each day. As the newest team member, you will help the lab manager and other study directors take part in construction and preparation of test-related materials when needed. Using a refined set of standard operating procedures, in addition to help from seasoned entomologists, you’ll continue to acquire knowledge on best practices and regulations within the industry.
You’ll enjoy all the benefits that working for a small company affords, and have the opportunity to be part its operations and growth. You’ll gain knowledge and experience from a close-knit team of scientists that are committed to excellence in efficacy testing of pesticides, devices, and repellents on an array of (mostly structural/urban & public health) pests. Also, training is not only offered to all i2L employees, but it is required in every facet of our operations from regulatory compliance to workplace safety.
This is a permanent, full-time role for a person who thrives in an environment where organization, communication internally and externally, and teamwork are the main principles.
- Prepare and customize design protocols; prepare study reports, SOPs, and other technical writing as needed.
- Serve as a single point of control of studies in accordance to CFR 40 163.33
- Handle test samples that may include insecticides, repellents, attractants, pheromones, fabrics, unique devices or inventions.
- Follow protocols and SOPs (standard operating procedures); some studies may be conducted in compliance with GLPs. GLP training will be provided.
- Attain comfortability in meeting with governmental representatives concerning efficacy studies, regulatory support, or during training sessions
- Act as a sample custodian for samples of test substances received from or on behalf of i2L clients
- Delegate tasks to ensure the on-time delivery of study results to the sponsor
- Abide by OSHA regulations in order to keep a safe and happy working environment for yourself and teammates (Training Provided)
- Participate in other efficacy testing needs as laboratory staff as needs dictate
- Perform other ancillary duties as needs dictate, with the help of your team
- May ship & receive test articles according to regulations; training provided if needed
- · Participate in rotational weekend & Holiday maintenance of arthropod insect colonies with other teammates
- Assist in maintenance of i2L’s arthropod colonies, as needed. This care will include providing food and water, cleaning colony containers, sorting life stages where necessary and seeding containers with eggs or larvae to start new cohorts of these arthropods.
- Aid in the construction and preparation of test related materials such as test arenas, etc
- Provide taxonomic identification of specimens
- MS in Entomological course of study OR a minimum of 2 years of lab experience w/BSCI degree will be considered. BCE certification is a plus, but will consider entire work history or course work in lieu MS or BCE.
- Possess a willingness and ability to follow directions from supervisors and maintain a professional demeanor with co-workers and clients.
- Possess the ability to communicate with clients to give status updates or explain results (training provided)
- Be comfortable delegating tasks to trials officers/technicians in order to reach goals
- Experience and knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Must have the ability to stand during testing, and to participate in testing that occurs in widely ranging environmental conditions.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Must have the ability to travel infrequently; mainly locally.
- Must have reliable transportation
Candidates may submit inquiries with Resume/CV and Cover Letters here: https://www.indeed.com/job/study-director-entomology-273ef6f3fbd76526
i2LResearch is a leading product testing and development center for the agrochemical, household pesticide and animal health industries. With almost 30 years' experience in efficacy testing, our highly trained staff and expert consultant network can assist with all of your needs, from initial concept testing and screening to complete dossier/submission registration and marketing data, both in the Plant Protection areas and the Biocides/Professional Products, for the EU, the USA and worldwide markets.
The USA Location’s expertise lies in efficacy testing on products for the control of household and public health pests. The i2LResearch USA facility is located 10 minutes south of the Baltimore Harbor, and houses over 8,000 sq ft of testing chambers, labs, and insectaries for the housing and rearing of several pest species.
I2L is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.