Technical Field Specialist - Western U.S. - MGK
MGK’s mission is to make life healthier by creating responsible products that protect people and their environments from insects. This company has successfully introduced such products into a wide variety of markets including indoor/outdoor consumer products, specialty agriculture, professional pest control, small and large animal health, and disease vector control.
The Technical Field Specialist provides technical support for MGK’s Branded business unit with a focus on Professional Pest Control and Food Animal Production Markets. This position will also provide support to MGK sales representatives and key Professional Pest Control and Food Animal companies. The Technical Field Specialist will report to Chris Swain, Technical Services Manager.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Respond to technical phone calls from Technical Managers, PMPs, Livestock and Poultry Producers.
- Support the development of a company-wide product inquiry response (PIR).
- Troubleshoot field product failures and provide analytical support for investigations and communications related to MGK’s Branded product complaints.
- Coordinate and conduct field studies with PMPs, Livestock and Poultry producers.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to assemble and analyze data.
- Work closely with the Technical Coordinator and Sales Representatives to support the technical needs of Professional and Food Animal Companies.
- Support MGK Continuous Improvement efforts by participating in the technical services committee meetings and assignments.
- 50-60% travel
A strong candidate will possess the following:
- Master of Science in Entomology, Animal Science or other related disciplines.
- Background in professional pest control with an emphasis on field applications.
- 3-5 years of industry experience.
- Experience with product labels, product use recommendations, active ingredients and application knowledge of the pest control industry.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information to PMPs and Livestock and Poultry producers.
- Good analytical, communication, interpersonal and technical writing skills.
- Proficient knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
Salary commensurate with experience, annual bonus based on performance and company vehicle. Excellent benefits package.
All inquiries and information will be handled in strict confidence. Interested parties should contact Kevin Drury with Hedlin Ag Enterprises at firstname.lastname@example.org.