Technical Service Agronomist (Western US)
Vestaron is a company dedicated to improving the safety, efficacy and sustainability of crop protection through migration from synthetic pesticides to peptide-based biopesticides. Vestaron is initially focused on a class of peptides that kill insect pests efficiently, but are safe for humans, beneficial insects and the environment. As part of this, the company has developed a proprietary platform for peptide optimization, fermentation-based peptide production and in planta expression that will allow it to develop a wide variety of biologic crop protection and trait solutions. Vestaron is the winner of the inaugural 2015 Bernard Blum Award and the 2020 EPA Green Chemistry award for novel biocontrol solutions
Vestaron Corp. has an exciting opportunity for a Technical Agronomist. If you have an entrepreneurial passion for providing new technical solutions growers and dealers while helping to develop a high-performance start-up culture this job is for you! Some of the specific responsibilities include drafting appropriate methods for the various stages of new product development, supporting field development with trial summaries, follow-ups, data evaluations, and grower demonstrations. As well as, working with Vestaron’s research scientists in entomology, peptide and formulation chemistry and other key roles in a very dynamic environment.
To be successful in this role, you must have a strong understanding of agricultural insecticide markets in the United States, ability to manage multiple projects and to provide key information within Vestaron and to our stakeholders.
Responsibilities may also include additional marketing duties as assigned:
- Track progress of trials, summarize results, and develop recommendations based on outcomes for the commercial organization
- Work cross-functionally with sales and marketing to support customers in education on the new technologies
- Understand the competitive landscape and how Vestaron’s products will compete in the western geography
- Aid in technical service support for the sales team in the form of customer meetings, issue management, and commercial demonstration plots
- Obtain and communicate competitive practices and assist in the assessment of competitive information
- Identify and develop new business opportunities for increased sales to existing accounts or acquiring new accounts
- Function as a Team Player with a willingness to identify issues and opportunities resulting in the development and implementation of appropriate actions.
- Requires 50% travel to service territory responsibilities and work from your home office in the western states.
- Bachelor’s degree in entomology, agronomy, or related field (Master’s degree is desirable)
- California PCA license or ability to obtain one This is a remote position with candidate ideally located in the Western US
- Must demonstrate the ability to work in small informal team environment and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Minimum of 2-4 years of experience in similar positions
- Must have excellent written and oral skills and should be comfortable being the primary expert in the areas of responsibility
- Experience with multi-channel retailers a plus
- Ability to prioritize and manage objectives with management and stakeholders
Why Join Us?
Join the Revolution…
With an innovative and accomplished leadership team guiding our day-to-day wins, and a Board with a long-term vision that supports our efforts, we set out daily to improve the safety, efficacy and sustainability of crop protection through migration from synthetic pesticides to peptide-based biopesticides. Our team is empowered to solve problems and find solutions that will advance the science and commercialization of peptides. If you’re seeking a career that taps into your talents and contributes to harnessing the Power of Peptides® for the benefit of the environment and industry, we just may have a job for you.
We know our employees are our most valuable asset, and our culture conveys that.
In the summer of 2019, we opened our headquarters in the heart of RTP (Research Triangle Park, NC), a global center of Agricultural Technology and Innovation. Our new offices are located in the Frontier complex, a vibrant work environment where the development of restaurants, shops and hotels is underway.
Our R&D center is in Kalamazoo, MI, within the Western Michigan University Innovation Center. The 69,000-square-foot, purpose-built incubator and co-working space was created to support companies from the earliest start-ups to maturing organizations with office and conference space, high-quality shared scientific equipment and resources, and a wide range of support services.
We offer a competitive benefits package, to support the health and happiness of our staff.
We invite you to apply to join a company developing the products, processes and relationships to lead the advancement of the biological peptide industry, beginning with the pesticide markets.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Vestaron is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at Vestaron are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.