Technical Training and Quality Control Manager - Entomology
Waltham Services has been in business for over 120 years. We are the leading pest control provider throughout New England. Our company is committed to protecting and preserving the people, property, and public health of our customers, with regard to pest control and prevention. Established in 1893, Waltham Services is New England’s premier supplier of pest control services. We have a rich history and a bright future.
Waltham Services is currently seeking a Technical Training & Quality Control Manager as a critical member of our entomology and corporate management team that develops, implements and provides technical information and support with others at branch level ensuring compliance and operational success. We are seeking someone who can promote fresh ideas and thinking, while introducing new technologies and programs.
In this position you will be responsible for:
- Development, direction and administration of pest control related technical training
- Develop all company training programs for web, branch, off site delivery
- Providing on-site inspections, consultation and training.
- Maintaining current knowledge of relevant legislation, compliance, state licensure and innovations.
- Manage state licenses at each branch, ensure full compliance
- Management of Quality Control procedures, personnel and reporting.
- Establish inspection guidelines and reporting procedures for clients and branch staff
- Develop standard technical language for all sales presentation, proposals, literature, support material
- Support sales department with in-house or on-site inspections, presentations, training
- Represent company in high level speaking engagements
Services and Products
- Evaluates new products and equipment
- Delegates, monitors and reports on new product and equipment trials
Safety and Loss Control
- Maintain Company compliance with safety, health and pesticide regulations/laws (local, state and federal levels)
- Oversees company pesticide applicator licensing and related permits in each state
- Oversees customer safety ISO audits and OSHA matters
- Participates in Safety Committee
Let us share some important information about our company and why you absolutely cannot pass on this opportunity to learn more about a CAREER with Waltham Pest Services.
- Competitive Compensation; Base Salary & Commission
- Comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401K, stock purchase, tuition reimbursement, and more!
- Paid Time Off (Holiday/Vacation/Sick)
- Company Vehicle & Gas Card
- Smartphone, Equipment, etc .
- Opportunities for Growth, Development, and Advancement
- B.S. degree or higher in entomology or related field.
- Five years pest control experience
- Knowledge of various state regulatory requirements for food safety/sanitation
- Knowledge of structural pest behavior, biology and controls
- Hold highest level license in all categories in core states (MA, CT) (or be willing to obtain)
- Hold valid licenses in all other service areas (RI, NH, ME, VT, NY) (or be willing to obtain)
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills with ability to translate technical information in an understandable form to others
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Strong computer, IT, application skills
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record required.
- Willingness to travel to branches 50 - 75% of available time and by air to conduct business in different locations throughout New England and the Mid-Atlantic Northeast.
- Ability to follow company policies and procedures
Waltham Pest Services is a wholly owned subsidiary of Rollins, Inc., a premier global consumer and commercial services company. The Company provides essential pest control services and protection against termite damage, rodents and insects to more than two million customers in the United States, Canada, Central America, South America, the Caribbean, the Middle East, Asia, the Mediterranean, Europe, Africa, Mexico, and Australia from more than 700 locations. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, EEOC that promotes diversity through a culture of inclusion and opportunity. We actively recruit women, transitioning military personnel, and veterans.
We offer a drug free environment. All successful applicants will be required to submit to pre-employment drug screening, criminal background check, motor vehicle history, and a health examination that meets company standards for driving privileges as a condition of employment.