Western Pest Services is a premier provider of pest control solutions. Our company is committed to protecting and preserving the people, property, and public health of our customers, with regard to pest control and prevention. Established in 1928, we have a legacy of excellence and the stability of an industry leader.
Western stands on three principles - Do what you say you are going to do, deliver quality work in all areas and treat everyone with dignity and respect. We take pride in what we do, do you?
We are currently seeking an Entomologist with Urban Entomology experience to be a critical member of our Northern New Jersey/NYC team.
In this position you will be responsible for:
- Development and administration of pest control related technical training for employees and clients
- Maintaining current knowledge of relevant legislation, compliance, state licensure (all states of operation) and innovations.
- Providing on-site inspections, consultation and training
- Promoting innovative ideas and thinking; introducing new technologies and programs
- Assist in developing company training programs for web based, on-site at the branch office, and for off site delivery
- Develop and deliver train the trainer programs
- Observe and evaluate internal training and provide assessment to coach and train for improvement
- Monitor and ensure state licensing and compliance
- Hold highest level license in all categories in core states and other service areas
- Oversee technical component of company QC / Programmed Supervision Program
- Establish inspection guidelines and reporting procedures
- Conduct inspections at high profile accounts
- Develop standardized service procedures by pest, industry, facility; train at branch and in field, monitor and report on compliance.
- Conduct minimum of 2 route audits per month, observe technicians at all branches. Create improvement plans where needed, implement with managers
- Develop standard technical language for all sales presentation, proposals, literature, support material
- Support sales department with in-house and on-site inspections, presentations, training
- Represent company in high level speaking engagements
Services and Products
- Participates in corporate programs and drives action
- Evaluates new products and equipment
- Delegates, monitors and reports on new product and equipment trials
Safety and Loss Control
- Maintain Company compliance with safety, health and pesticide regulations/laws on local, state and federal levels
- Oversees company pesticide applicator licensing and related permits in each state; collaborating with branch managers
- Oversees customer safety ISO audits and OSHA matters
- Oversees loss control and other safety related matters; collaborating with loss control liaison
- Participates in Safety Committee
- Company liaison to 3rd party inspection / regulatory / compliance agencies
- B.S. degree or higher in entomology or related field.
- Five years pest control experience a plus (Urban Entomology Preferred)
- Education/training in food science, sanitation
- Knowledge of structural pest behavior, biology and controls
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills with ability to translate technical information
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Strong computer, IT, application skills
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record required.
- Willingness to travel to branches 25% of available time and by air to conduct business in different locations throughout Northern NJ/NYC
- Competitive Compensation; Base Salary
- Comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401K, stock purchase, tuition reimbursement, and more!
- Paid Time Off (Holiday/Vacation/Sick)
- Company Vehicle & Gas Card
- Paid Training/Industry Orientation in our State-of-the-Art facilities
- Smartphone, Equipment, etc.
- Opportunities for Growth, Development, and Advancement
- Western Pest Services stands on three principles - Do what you say you are going to do, deliver quality work in all areas and treat everyone with dignity and respect.
- The Pest Management Industry is growing – and is a recession-resistant line of business
- Western is financially stable and a growing subsidiary of Rollins, Inc., (NYSE: ROL), headquartered in Atlanta, GA
Find out more about Western & click these Links to find out more about our Company & Sales Culture….
- Sales Opportunities
- Careers in Pest Control
- Careers @ Western
Western Pest Services is a wholly owned subsidiary of Rollins, Inc., a premier global consumer and commercial services company. The Company provides essential pest control services and protection against termite damage, rodents and insects to more than two million customers in the United States, Canada, Central America, South America, the Caribbean, the Middle East, Asia, the Mediterranean, Europe, Africa, Mexico, and Australia from more than 700 locations. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, EEOC that promotes diversity through a culture of inclusion and opportunity. We actively recruit women, transitioning military personnel, and veterans. We offer a drug free environment.