World of Insects Calendar - Photo Submission Form
The photo submission period for the 2021 World of Insects Calendar is now closed. Entries received May 5, 2020, or later will not be accepted.
Photographs will be selected by the ESA Committee on the World of Insects Calendar and must be of the highest aesthetic and technical quality.
STOP: Before submitting your photos, read the entry requirements below. Entries not meeting these criteria will not be accepted.
Photo submissions must meet the following criteria to be accepted for judging:
- Photos must be horizontal and rectangular. Vertical or square photos will not be accepted.
- Please include either an insect common name (e.g., honey bee) or species name (e.g., Apis mellifera) in each image filename. If you are unsure of the insect identification, please name the file with a general name (e.g., bee, ant). Do not submit photos with generic numbered file names (e.g. IMG_1234). If you are submitting via a mobile device and unable to rename files, please switch to submit via a desktop or other platform that allows you to rename your files.
- Photos submitted for judging must be at least 2,000 pixels wide and may not exceed 10 MB in file size. However, to be eligible for inclusion in the World of Insects Calendar, winning entrants will be required to provide print-quality files of at least 11 inches wide at 300 dpi (dots per inch). Please do not submit photos for which you do not have print-quality versions.
- Photo files must be in JPG, JPEG, or PNG format (or these formats enclosed in a ZIP file).
- Please remove all personally identifying information from both your images (e.g. watermarks or text overlays) and their filenames.
- Insects and related arthropods (arachnids, myriapods, entognathids) are welcome; however, please note that a maximum of one (1) non-insect image will be chosen for the calendar.
- Photos must be of insects in natural settings. Photos of insects that are posed, mounted, fossilized, or imaged under a microscope will not be accepted.
- A maximum of six (6) photos may be submitted by a single photographer. No more than two (2) images from any individual photographer will be published in the calendar.
- Photos must be submitted via this form by 11:59 p.m. eastern time (U.S.) on May 4, 2020.
Instructions: Please fill out the form below; required fields are marked with an asterisk (*). When uploading photos, you must click the UPLOAD button for each file. Once all files are uploaded, click SUBMIT at the bottom of the form to complete your submission.