On-Demand (Virtual) Oral Presenter Information
Some symposia and 10-minute paper sessions will be on-demand for Entomology 2021. This includes invited presentations as well as regular and student competition 10-minute presentations.
On-demand content will be posted live to the Entomology 2021 program on Wednesday, October 20 and will remain online for attendees to view at their leisure through January 31, 2022.
Presentation Upload & Audio Recording Instructions:
Presentation recordings must be recorded on a recording platform such as Zoom or OBS studio and then uploaded into the Conference Harvester between September 1-October 13. All presenters must upload their presentations in the Conference Harvester by the October 13 deadline.
- Our recommended platforms for pre-recording your presentation are Zoom and OBS Studio as both of these program are easy to use and provide quality recordings.
- When designing your presentation slides, please keep the following in mind:
- The aspect ratio (ratio of width to height) for slides should be set to 16:9.
- Be sure to use the photography and social media permissions icons which can be downloaded in the Conference Harvester or at the bottom of this page.
- Please be considerate of your fellow presenters and the virtual audience by keeping your presentation to the time limit listed in your presenter notification email.
- Once your recording is ready, please upload the mp4 file into the “Prerecorded Presentation Upload” task in the Conference Harvester.
- We strongly encourage you to begin the recording process early to ensure you have plenty of time to polish your presentation.
Photography & Social Media:
Be clear with attendees about whether you grant permission for your presentation slides to be photographed or shared on social media. Download these images and insert them in the corner of your slides. (To download, right-click your chosen image and select “Save Picture As…” or "Save Image As..." to save it to your computer.)
|Photography OK||No Photography|
|Social Media OK||No Social Media|