On-Demand Oral Presenter Information
Some symposia and all 10-minute paper sessions will be on-demand for Entomology 2020. This includes invited presentations as well as regular and student competition 10-minute presentations.
On-demand content will be posted live to the Entomology 2020 program on Wednesday, November 11 and will remain online for attendees to view at their leisure through Wednesday, November 25.
Presentation Upload & Audio Recording Instructions:
Presenters will be notified via email when they are able to upload their slides and record their presentation audio online. Presentation uploads will be open October 1-30. All presenters must upload their presentations and record presentation audio online by the October 30 deadline.
- You will upload your presentation file; acceptable file types are: .ppt; .pptx; .pps; .ppsx; .key; and .pdf.
- The aspect ratio (ratio of width to height) must be set to 16:9.
- Any animation or embedded videos within your presentation will not play when converted to a single image slide within your presentation deck.
- Audio will be recorded online to each individual slide. You will be able to record, preview, delete and re-record slide audio as necessary.
- The device from which you are recording your audio will need a functioning microphone.
- If you change the number of slides in your presentation you will need to upload the new presentation. This will replace the old presentation. You will then need to go in and start the recording process from the beginning.
- If you reference a slide you had posted previously, you may want to include it again in your slide deck at the point in which you reference it.
- We strongly encourage you to begin the upload and audio recording process early to ensure you have plenty of time to polish your presentation.
Photography & Social Media:
Be clear with attendees about whether you grant permission for your presentation slides to be photographed or shared on social media. Download these images and insert them in the corner of your slides. (To download, right-click your chosen image and and select “Save Picture As…” or "Save Image As..." to save it to your computer.)
|Photography OK||No Photography|
|Social Media OK||No Social Media|