e-Poster & e-Infographic Presenter Information
All poster and infographic sessions will be on-demand for Entomology 2020. This includes regular and student competition posters and infographics, in addition to posters part of symposia.
On-demand content will be posted live to the Entomology 2020 program on Wednesday, November 11 and will remain online for attendees to view at their leisure through Wednesday, November 25.
e-Poster & e-Infographic Upload & Audio Recording Instructions:
Presenters will be notified via email when they are able to upload their poster or infographic online. All poster and infographic presenters may choose to record up to 3 minutes of audio explaining their poster. Presentation uploads will be open October 1-30. All presenters must upload their poster or infographic and record presentation audio online by the October 30 deadline.
- Poster and infographic upload must be a PDF file at the highest resolution possible. The complete poster is limited to one slide/page only.
- The aspect ratio (ratio of width to height) should ideally be set to 16:9.
- Minimum font size should not be smaller than 6pt. Sans-serif fonts (e.g. Arial, Calibri, etc.) are preferred.
- Audio will be recorded online to your poster. You will be able to delete and re-record audio as necessary.
- The device from which you are recording your audio will need a functioning microphone.
- If you change the poster content or layout you will need to upload the new presentation. This will replace the old presentation. You will then need to go in and start the recording process from the beginning.
- We strongly encourage you to begin the upload and audio recording process early to ensure you have plenty of time to polish your presentation.
Free (& Low-Cost) Online Design Resources:
Below is a list of online design templates (both free and low-cost). Explore your options to find a platform that works for you!
- Canva: With over 2 million icons, illustrations and stock photos, you’ll be sure to find something you can use! ESA has even used this template to create messages around the awards deadline! Free templates are available to help you get started and try out the platform.
- Piktochart: Monthly and annual pricing available, this platform specializes in creating interactive charts and maps.
- Venngage: For a more data driven platform with advance charts or infographic templates sorted by use and audience, this fee-service is another option to bring your message to life!
For infographic presenters, we have sample infographics to help you get the creative juices flowing.
Photography & Social Media:
Be clear with attendees about whether you grant permission for your poster/infographic to be photographed or shared on social media. Download these images and insert them in the corner of your slides or poster. (To download, right-click your chosen image and and select “Save Picture As…” or "Save Image As..." to save it to your computer.)
|Photography OK||NO Photography|
|Social Media OK||NO Social Media|