Science Policy - Partnerships and Coalitions
Science advocacy has never been more important. Across the nation, many scientific voices are being raised to advocate for the sciences. ESA participates in many coalitions and coordinates efforts with many other groups, agencies, and coalitions. Some of these are long-term relationships and some are more ephemeral.
Active external partnerships and coalitions
- Agriculture and Food Research Initiative (AFRI)
- American Academy for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)
- American Institute of Biological Sciences (AIBS)
- Climate Science Working Group (CSWG)
- Coalition for National Science Funding (CNSF)
- Council for Agricultural Science and Technology (CAST)
- Friends of ARS
- Grand Challenges Agenda for Entomology (GCAFE)
- March for Science
- National Stakeholder Team for Pesticide Safety Education Program Funding (PSEP)
- Supporters of Agricultural Research (SOAR)
- Vector Stars (formerly Caribbean Emergency Vector Response Network)
Each of the ESA Sections are empowered to tackle their own science advocacy initiatives - it is one of the four core capabilities for a Section. You can learn more what each Section is working on by clicking through to either SysEB, PBT, MUVE, or P-IE.