Section Syposia Criteria
ESA Sections have created specific section symposia criteria for the 2018 Annual Meeting. Please be sure your submission meets the requirements below prior to submitting to a specific section. Submissions that do not meet the outlined criteria should be submitted as member symposia.
The Physiology, Biochemistry and Toxicology Section strongly encourages it members to submit proposals for Section Symposia.
Due to program constrains, there is a limit on the number of proposals that can be accepted.
All submissions will be evaluated by the PBT Governing Council using the following criteria:
- Relevance of scientific and technical content to PBT.
- Breadth of interest of the chosen topic to PBT members
- Clearly stated objectives and justification.
- Confirmed speakers.
- Diversity among symposia organizers and speakers (students, early career professionals and senior professionals, members of the ESA International Branch).
- Ethnic, gender and cultural diversity among symposia organizers and speakers.
Symposia that emphasize recent developments of interest to PBT membership or that emphasize topics of mutual interest to multiple sections are especially encouraged.
The Plant-Insect Ecosystems Section encourages all its members to submit Section Symposia proposals. Due to program constraints, there is a limit on the number of submissions that can be accepted. All submissions will be evaluated by the P-IE Governing Council using the following guidelines:
- Symposia with technical content relevant to P-IE are preferred. Non-technical symposia with topics that target interest of P-IE members may also be eligible, depending on content and relevance to P-IE.
- Objective and statement of the symposium are clearly defined.
- It promotes diversity of members organizing/moderating the symposium (e.g., students, early career professionals, senior professionals).
- Speakers are from diverse backgrounds (for example ethnicity, gender identity, cultural, professional status, members of the ESA International Branch).
- Submission notes that speakers are confirmed.
The Systematics, Evolution, & Biodiversity (SysEB) Section has no specific submission criteria for 2018.