The Annual Meeting Internship Program (formerly called the Volunteer Program) offers student, student transition, and early career professional members the opportunity to be a part of the Annual Meeting, where they can gain exposure for their work, network with colleagues and friends, and expand their careers. Students, student transition, and early-career professional members who serve as interns and work a minimum of 6 hours at the Annual Meeting are eligible for $150 USD reimbursement of their registration fee* after the meeting.
Benefits: $150 USD of your early-bird registration fee is reimbursed after the meeting. This program provides you with an excellent opportunity to become more involved with the Society and to network with a major cross-section of professionals attending the Annual Meeting.
*ESA will reimburse up to $150 USD towards the registration fee if all criteria and deadlines are met, and the intern provides a minimum of 6 hours of work.
All interns will be selected on a lottery system.
- An email will be sent out to all registered (and paid) students, student transition, and early professionals in mid-September.
- If you meet all the requirements listed below, individuals will enter into a pool of interns by filling out an online form.
- Once the form closes, ESA will randomly select interns (on a lottery system) and will contact those individuals directly with access to the internship schedule so they are able to schedule their hours.
- Interns will have one week to fill out their schedules. If the intern does not have 6 hours scheduled, they will be removed from the schedule and someone else will be selected in their place.
- You must be registered in full for the Annual Meeting with a paid student, student transition, or early professional member registration by the advance rate deadline.
- You must be able to attend one of the 30-minute training sessions prior to your first session of internship. Failure to attend one of the sessions will disqualify you from being eligible to intern in future years.
- You must be able to complete 6 hours of your time.
- Interns are expected to show up on time and work their full shifts.
The call for interns will launch early September annually.