Each year during the Annual Meeting, students are offered the opportunity to present their research and win valuable prizes. There are several components to the competition:
10-minute Papers (oral), Posters, and Infographics.
NEW FOR 2023: The rubrics have been amended to be inclusive of education, outreach, and teaching presentations. The Student Competition Co-Chairs will do their best to group presentations on these subjects into sessions together, although a perfect fit is not always possible.
When submitting presentations to the Student Competition, students become eligible to compete for prizes, including:
- First Place - One-year free 2024 membership in ESA, a $75 USD cash prize, and a certificate
- Second Place - One-year free 2024 membership in ESA and a certificate
For additional information, including judging rubrics, please select from the following:
- Information for 10-minute Paper Competitors
- Information for Poster Competitors
- Information for Infographic Competitors
- View the List of Previous Winners