Registration Policies for Entomology 2020
CANCELLATION POLICIES FOR COVID-19 (April 15, 2020)
ESA continues to monitor the rapidly changing situation related to the spread of COVID-19. We understand that concerns for health, safety, and the impact on attendance, among other issues, are affecting our members.
ESA commits to maintaining all appropriate sanitary, health, and safety measures for all in-person events and encourages attendees to follow guidelines recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization. At this time there are no federal travel restrictions and/or local, state, or regional decisions to close venues in November, but should any changes to the event schedule arise, ESA will provide information to all meeting organizers and participants with next steps and other specific details as quickly as possible.
Please note that due to the ongoing uncertainty regarding the coronavirus, ESA will not charge a cancellation fee if you decide to not attend Entomology 2020 based on concerns around your health or travel.
- The preferred method of registering is online.
- Mail check payments to the below. All payments for 2020 may be in US Dollars. Check payments must be received within 21-days of the online registration in-order to secure the advance rate.
Entomological Society of America
c/o Wells Fargo Bank
Baltimore, MD 21275-8954
For wire transfer payments, please include $20 for processing fees, and be sure to include your ESA ID# as a comment. Wire payments can be made to the following:
Wells Fargo Bank
420 Montgomery St
San Francisco, CA 94104
- Payment for all programs must reach ESA before the deadline listed below to ensure the correct amounts.
- In the case that you need to cancel – all cancellation requests should be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to ESA, 3 Park Place, Suite 307, Annapolis, MD 21401. Below is the cancellation fees that may occur depending on the timeframe of a cancellation.
Cancellations made by October 1, 2020 will receive a full refund.
Cancellations between October 2, 2020 and October 19, 2020 will receive an 80% refund.
No refunds will be made on any cancellations starting October 20, 2020.
- All refunds will be processed in the same form of payment that the registration was made (i.e. if the registration was paid by credit card, it would only be refunded to the card that purchased the registration.)
- No refunds will be made for on-site registrations.
- If insufficient tour enrollment causes a professional or destination tour to be canceled, ESA will issue a full refund after the meeting closes. Tour registrants will be notified if a tour will be canceled by September 25.
- Housing: Attendees are reminded that if they are canceling their meeting registration they may need to cancel their housing as well. This is not done through ESA but should be handled directly with the housing vendor and/or hotel.
- Presentation: If you absolutely cannot make your presentation, please make every effort to find a replacement speaker. Nobody benefits from having gaps in the program. If you are absolutely unable to attend and cannot find a replacement, please notify the Program Co-Chairs.