Student Competition Judges Information
The Student Competition Co-Chairs thank you for your willingness to serve as a judge for the student competition. Without you, and other entomology professionals like you, the success of this program would not be possible.
All judges and alternates are required to attend a training session. We will be offering multiple Judges Training sessions online and in-person. Training sessions dates, times, and locations will be announced in mid-August.
Student competition 10-minute paper, posters, and infographics will be featured both in-person and on-demand for Entomology 2021.
All in-person student competition presentations and posters/infographics will be featured on Monday, November 1. All scheduled sessions and room assignments will be posted in the online program in mid-August.
On-demand student competition presentations and posters/infographics will be available to watch/view beginning October 20. On-demand presentations/posters will be viewed in the online program. To view your assigned presentations/posters, you will need to login to the online program and navigate to the session.
Regardless as to presentation format (in-person or on-demand), all scores will be submitted online in the Judging Portal. You will be provided with a link to the Judging Portal in mid-October, along with your personal login information. In the Portal, you will be able to submit scores and feedback for all of your assigned presentations. Please note that all scores must be submitted by 10:00 PM Mountain US on Monday, November 1.
Students appreciate any feedback you may be able to provide. In order to facilitate this, we have added some pre-selected comments to the judges form for your convenience, as well as a place for you to write-in any additional comments. Please be sensitive to those participating in the competition by providing constructions and helpful comments and remarks. Avoid commenting on the personal appearance of the presenter.
A tutorial on how to use the Judging Portal and submit your scores will be included as part of the judges training sessions, however below are helpful tips:
- To access the presentations to which you have been assigned, use the personalized link which will be sent via email.
- Select the blue hyperlink text under “Tasks” then click on the right drop down arrow to view your assigned presentations and “Start Evaluation.”
- Once you have entered your scores and feedback, be sure to select "Submit." Note: Scores will not be saved in the system unless you click Submit. You may go back, at any time, to adjust scores and/or feedback if necessary.
- To abstain from judging a presentation or if the presenter is a "no show," simply skip to the next presentation.
- All scores must be submitted by 10:00 PM Mountain US Monday, November 1.
- In-Person 10-minute Paper (10-min) Evaluation Form
- On-Demand 10-minute Paper (10-min) Evaluation Form
- Poster Evaluation Form
- Infographic Evaluation Form
- Information Provided to Student Competitors
- Slides from the Judges Training
- Video of Judges Training Webinar
All judging alternates will need to attend one of the judges training sessions. Should any judges withdraw or no-show from their assignments, you may be requested to fill the vacancy last minute. Alternates are requested to be present in the Judges Break Room from 7:50 AM - 8:10 AM and 10:20 AM - 10:40 AM in the event you are needed to serve. If you are needed to judge a session, you will be provided with your link to the Judging Portal at that time.