Student Competition Judges Information & Resources
The Student Competition Co-Chairs thank you for your willingness to serve as a judge for the student competition. Without you, and other entomology professionals like you, the success of this program would not be possible.
All judges and alternates are required to attend a training session. We are offering multiple Judges Training sessions via Zoom. Training sessions will be held:
- Thursday, October 29, 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM Eastern
- Thursday, November 5: 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM Eastern
You may choose to attend any of the trainings using the link provided in the Student Competition Judges Notification email.
All student competition 10-minute papers, posters, and infographics will be featured on-demand for Entomology 2020. Beginning Wednesday, November 11, you will be able to view/watch your assigned presentations at your convenience.
Presentations/posters will be viewed in the online program. To view your assigned presentations/posters, you will need to login to the online program and navigate to the session. Beginning November 11, all presentations will be posted online for viewing.
All scores will be submitted online in the Judging Portal. You will be provided with a link to the Judging Portal in early November, along with your personal login information. In the Portal, you will be able to submit scores and feedback for all of your assigned presentations. Judging can be completed at your leisure November 11-16. Please note that all scores must be submitted by 10:00 PM Eastern US on Monday, November 16.
Students appreciate any feedback you may be able to provide. In order to facilitate this, we have added some pre-selected comments to the judges form for your convenience, as well as a place for you to write-in any additional comments. Please be sensitive to those participating in the competition by providing constructions and helpful comments and remarks. Avoid commenting on the personal appearance of the presenter.
A tutorial on how to use the Judging Portal and submit your scores will be included as part of the judges training sessions, however below are helpful tips:
- To access the presentations to which you have been assigned, use the personalized link which will be sent via email.
- Select the blue hyperlink text under “Tasks” then click on the right drop down arrow to view your assigned presentations and “Start Evaluation.”
- Once you have entered your scores and feedback, be sure to select "Submit." Note: Scores will not be saved in the system unless you click Submit. You may go back, at any time, to adjust scores and/or feedback if necessary.
- To abstain from judging a presentation or if the presenter is a "no show," simply skip to the next presentation.
- All scores must be submitted by 10:00 PM Eastern Monday, November 16.
All judging alternates will need to attend one of the judges training sessions. Should any judges withdraw from their assignments, you may be requested to fill the vacancy last minute. If you are needed to judge a session, you will be sent an email requesting your assistance and you will be provided with a link to the Judging Portal at that time.