The MUVE Student Travel Awards recognize MUVE student members who have demonstrated excellence in the Medical, Urban and Veterinary Entomology. Five travel awards consisting of $500 each will be available to all MUVE student members. The recipient is presented with the award at the ESA Annual Meeting during the MUVE networking business meeting.
The nominee must be an ESA student member affiliated with the MUVE Section at the time the award is received.
Nomination packages must include:
- Cover letter to the MUVE president, describe briefly your interest in the ESA and MUVE, and career goals.
- A 2-3 page CV (View the CV template).
- A nomination letter from your academic advisor.
- One page research abstract, including statement of the research problem, objectives, methods and approaches, and progress to date.
- All documents should be saved individually as they will be uploaded as separate tasks in the submission site.
Nominees will be judged using the following criteria for a total of 50 points:
- Academic Record (maximum 10 points)
- Publications (maximum 10 points)
- Non-ref Pubs (maximum 5 points)
- Outreach/Extension (maximum 5 points)
- Teaching (maximum 5 points)
- Contributions to ESA (maximum 5 points)
- Project Abstract (maximum 5 points)
- Support Letter (maximum 5 points)
All nominations should be submitted via the MUVE Award Nomination website. All documents should be saved individually as they will be uploaded as separate tasks in the submission site. Font size for text may not be smaller than 10 point.
The awards administrator will notify all candidates and their nominators with the results of their nominations approximately two months after the nomination submission deadline.
View the list of those who have previously received this award.
Nomination packages must be submitted online by May 8, 2023 at 11:59 PM Eastern US.