Southwestern Branch Meeting Call for Symposia
We are currently soliciting proposals for symposia. In recent years, our meeting has showcased symposia addressing insect vectors of human pathogens, challenges and opportunities for implementing IPM, urban and landscape entomology, insects in food and feed, advances in thrips management, trends in social insect biology, and public and veterinary health. These recent symposia have highlighted groundbreaking work conducted in the southwest yet have had national and international impact.
This year, we are taking advantage of utilizing the Confex system and having symposia organizers input the information for their sessions directly into Confex. DON’T PANIC! If you have submitted a paper to an ESA meeting previously, then you already know what you are doing. If not, we’re giving you instructions.
Stage 1 (Title):
- Click on “Call for symposia” under submission functions
- Click on “Begin a submission” button
- Fill in boxes with correct information for symposia (Title of symposia, submitter’s email, etc.)
- Choose the length of time for symposia (2 or 4 hours)
- Click box to agree to the ESA Code of Conduct & click save button
Stage 2 (Organizers):
- Enter speakers name and email address into search boxes, choose role (we assume that organizers will also moderate their own symposia), and click search.
- Select person from list or enter a new name; make any edits to information needed.
Stage 3 (Confirmation):
- Check information for any mistakes; if there are none, click Submit. If you find mistakes use side buttons to browse and correct any needed items.
Please submit symposia proposals online by Monday, December 17. Your proposal should include a preliminary list of potential speakers, titles, and time allotments for each presentation, although 20-minute presentations will likely be the norm. If you have any questions, please contact the Program Co-Chairs, Wizzie Brown and Sonja Swiger.
Thank you and we hope to see you all in Tulsa!