This award recognizes entomologists who have made or are making significant contributions to agriculture. The award will be presented at the ESA-SEB Annual Meeting. The recipient is expected to be present at this meeting to receive the award. For more information about this award, contact SEB Professional Awards Chair, Ted Cottrell.
Submit a Nomination
The nominee must be a current ESA-SEB member and have contributed significantly to agricultural advancement through work in the field of entomology. A recipient of a widely recognized scientific award will not be eligible unless the accomplishment cited as the basis for nomination represents new work. Previous recipients of this award are not eligible. Re-nomination of unsuccessful candidates is encouraged.
Nominations for this award may be made by any ESA-SEB member or unit administrator in the SEB region. Members of the Awards Committee are not eligible to nominate candidates or receive this award during their terms. Nomination packages must include the following:
- Letter of nomination that includes entomological accomplishments on which the nomination is based
- Assessment of the nominee's accomplishments emphasizing work during the preceding 10-year period to be recognized by the award
- Additional supporting information, including no more than three letters of recommendation from professional colleagues
- CV of the nominee to include the below:
- Academic record, including degrees, dates and institutions
- Brief description of employment and professional experience in entomology
- Professional activities during past 10 years, including professional society offices and memberships
- List of publications and patents during past 10 years
- List of scholarly presentations during past 10 years
- Related information, including awards and other recognition
Nominees/candidates will be judged using the following criteria for a total of 100 points:
- Research Contributions (80 points total)
- Quality of research (25)
- Originality of research (10)
- Quality of publications (10)
- Evaluation by colleagues, peers, constituents (15)
- Impact of research finding(s) on the understanding of the subject (20)
- Supporting Information (20 points total)
- Participation and leadership in honor and professional societies (10)
- Awards, honors, and special recognitions received (10)
Any candidate nominated, but not selected, may be renominated no more than two times within the two-year period after his/her initial submission. Nomination packages will be retained for two years by the awards administrator. Nominators must send a letter of renomination to the awards administrator by the nomination deadline above. Previously submitted documentation will be used for the evaluation process unless the nominator submits new or updated documents. The renomination e-mail must contain this additional documentation. New or updated documents must follow the electronic submission requirements noted above.
The awards administrator will notify all candidates and their nominators with the results of their nomination approximately two months after the nomination submission deadline.
View the list of those who have previously received this award.
The ESA SEB Members Award Chair must receive nomination packages by Wednesday December 15, 2021. This deadline refers to receipt by the awards administrator of a complete package in a readable format. Therefore, early submission is highly recommended. All submission must be placed through the Award submission site.