This award recognizes and encourages innovative research in insect physiology, biochemistry and toxicology. For more information about this award, contact SEB Professional Awards Chair, Ted Cottrell.
Submit a Nomination
The nominee must be a current ESA-SEB member and have contributed significantly to research in insect physiology, biochemistry, and toxicology. This research may include subjects such as arthropod development, molecular biology, genetics, and defense mechanisms. Previous recipients of this award are not eligible. Renomination of unsuccessful candidates is encouraged.
Nominations for this award may be made by any ESA-SEB member or unit administrator in the SEB region. Members of the Awards Committee are not eligible to nominate candidates or receive this award during their terms. Nomination packages must including the following:
- Letter of nomination to include accomplishments on which the nomination is based, including contributions to research in insect physiology, biochemistry and toxicology
- Assessment of the nominee's accomplishments emphasizing work during the preceding 10-year period to be recognized by the award
- Additional supporting information, including no more than three letters of recommendation from professional colleagues
- CV of the nominee to include the below:
- Academic record, including degrees, dates and institutions
- Brief description of employment and professional experience in entomology
- Professional activities during past 10 years, including offices and memberships in professional societies
- List of publications, patents and other entomology materials during past 10 years
- List of scholarly presentations during past 10 years
- Related information, including awards and other recognition
Nominees/candidates will be judged using the following criteria for a total of 100 points:
- Research Contributions (80 points total)
- Quality of research (25)
- Originality of research (10)
- Quality of publications (10)
- Evaluation by colleagues, peers, constituents (15)
- Impact of research findings on the understanding of the subject (20)
- Supporting Information (20 points total)
- Participation and leadership in honor and professional societies (10)
- Awards, honors, and special recognitions received (10)
Any candidate nominated, but not selected, may be renominated no more than two times within the two-year period after his/her initial submission. Nomination packages will be retained for two years by the awards administrator. Nominators must send a letter of renomination to the awards administrator by the nomination deadline above. Previously submitted documentation will be used for the evaluation process unless the nominator submits new or updated documents. The renomination e-mail must contain this additional documentation. New or updated documents must follow the electronic submission requirements noted above.
The awards administrator will notify all candidates and their nominators with the results of their nomination approximately two months after the nomination submission deadline.
View the list of those who have previously received this award
The ESA SEB Members Award Chair must receive nomination packages by Wednesday December 15, 2021.This deadline refers to receipt by the awards administrator of a complete package in a readable format. Therefore, early submission is highly recommended. All submissions must be placed through the Awards submission site.