This award recognizes a Southwestern Branch member who has made outstanding contributions in Integrated Pest Management. The winner of this award will be recognized at the Southwestern Branch Meeting and will be submitted to the ESA Award for Excellence in Integrated Pest Management as the Branch nominee for that same year.
Submit a Nomination
A nominee must be a Southwestern Branch member who has made outstanding contributions to IPM. Special consideration shall be given to independence of thought and originality. A recipient of a widely recognized scientific award will not be eligible for this award unless the accomplishment cited as the basis for nomination represents new work. Previous recipients of this award are not eligible for future nominations. Only nominations from Southwestern Branch members are accepted for the Award for Excellence in IPM. The winner of the award will be passed onto ESA to compete against other Branch winners.
Nomination packages for this award must include:
- CV-Related Item: Nominators must provide a CV which includes the below sections. View a full listing of what should be included in each of the following sections.
- Section 1 - Background Information
- Section 2 - Research
- Section 3 - Teaching
- Section 4 - Extension/Outreach
- Section 5 - Service
- Other Items:
- Letter of nomination
- Up to three letters of recommendation
- Three of the most relevant reprints sent electronically in PDF format or preferably a link to the three most relevant reprints. (Does not count as part of the 20-page limit)
- Photograph of the nominee (as a digital image file [JPG]) as well as a short bio for the program
Nominees will be judged using the following criteria for a total of 100 points:
- Research (75 points total)
- Extent to which research focus is directly related to IPM (10)
- Quality of research (10)
- Originality of research (10)
- Interpretation of results (10)
- Quality of publication(s) upon which nomination is based (10)
- Honors, awards, achievements, and recognition (10)
- Outreach and delivery of IPM (15)
- Overall Impact of Research Findings on IPM (select one, up to 25 points)
- Minor (5)
- Moderate (10)
- Important (15
- Very Good (20)
- Outstanding (25)
Previous recipients of this award are not eligible for future nominations.
View the list of those who have previously received this award.
Nomination packages must be submitted online via the award nomination website by Wednesday January 19, 2022 Midnight (EST). This deadline refers to receipt by the Awards Administrator of a complete package in a readable format.