Diversity & Inclusion Initiative
ESA’s Strategic Principles include the following statement, “ESA has a social responsibility to develop all of its members.” ESA’s Outcome Statement includes the following, “To increase the diversity and satisfaction of members and customers as well as the value provided to them.”
To determine how ESA can best meet these principle and outcome statements and to support diversity and inclusion within ESA and within the science, ESA’s Governing Board established a Committee on Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) in July 2015. In this interest, the Committee will propose resources, programs and services that will maximize diversity and inclusion support among ESA members, and help increase the cultural competency of ESA members.
- Statement of Purpose and Volunteer Description
- View the Committee roster via ESA's Committee Directory (available to ESA members only)
- ESA's Statement on Diversity & Inclusion
- Entomologists Say Harassment and Bullying in Science are "#NeverOK"
- Diversity and Inclusion in Entomology: Keeping People in the Pipeline
- Presentations from ESA's Committee on Diversity & Inclusion 2016 Symposium
- ESA's Ethics Statement
- Historically Black Colleges (HBCUs) Offering Agricultural Programs
- Universities Offering Agricultural Programs