Branch and Section Volunteer Opportunities
Get involved and get connected on the local level. Share your skills and expertise. Throughout the year, ESA Branch and Sections need volunteers to help with their leadership, committee work, organizing meetings and events, moderating and judging – and more.
The volunteer opportunities vary from Branch to Branch and from Section to Section. Contact the President or Vice President of your Branch and Section for more detail.
Be sure to update your Volunteer Profile here so Branch and Section leaders can find you when they are looking for help.
ESA Branch Volunteer Needs
- Branch Committees: Many Branches have student, early professional, nominations, awards, science policy, diversity and inclusion, and other special committees to help support specific segments of their membership and their activities, services, and events. These positions typically have commitments of two to three years.
- Branch Officers: New officers are elected each year by the Branch membership. Branch leaders help recruit officers for their positions. View the current roster of your Branch officers to see term lengths. And contact your leaders to show your interest.
- Branch Meetings: Student competition judge volunteers are recruited through the Branch meeting registration process. And some Branches also look for student volunteers to assist with registration and other onsite needs. These are typically short-term commitments during the meeting.
ESA Section Volunteer Needs
- Section Committees: Many Sections have awards, nominations, science policy, publications council, student, early professional, diversity and inclusion, and other special committees to help support specific segments of their membership and their activities, services, and events. These positions typically have commitments of two to three years.
- Section Officers: New officers are elected by the Section membership each year. Section leaders help recruit officers for their positions. View the roster of your Section officers here to see term lengths. And contact your leaders to show your interest.
- Awards Judges: Sections recruit their judges for awards through the ESA Committee on Awards and Honors. These appointments require about one month’s work during the annual awards cycle.
- ESA Annual Meeting: Many moderators and judges are needed for the Student Competition which is held during the ESA Annual Meeting. Section leaders typically recruit for these positions through their newsletters and emails to their membership. And individuals may also sign up to judge when they register for the Annual Meeting.