ESA Science Policy Fellows Class of 2018
- Dr. Christian Krupke, a professor of entomology at Purdue University, is studying risks to pollinators from pesticide use in agricultural fields.
- Ms. Julia Brokaw, a PhD student at the University of Minnesota, studies wild bees and tallgrass prairie restoration, specifically examining seed mix design and nesting ecology of ground-nesting solitary bees.
- Dr. John Banks, the director of the Undergraduate Research Opportunities Center at CSU-Monterey Bay, is assessing the risks of using pesticides on our crops.
- Dr. Jaeson T. Clayborn, an adjunct lab instructor at Florida International University and president of the North American Butterfly Association (NABA) Chapter of South Florida, Inc., a non-profit organization dedicated to lepidopteran conservation, research, and educational outreach.
- Dr. Sheina Sim, a Research Biologist with the USDA-ARS in Hilo, Hawaii where she conducts research which focuses on improving the sterile insect technique (SIT) for the control and eradication of invasive agricultural pests.