The MUVE Student Travel Awards recognize MUVE student members who have demonstrated excellence in the Medical, Urban and Veterinary Entomology. Five travel awards consisting of $500 each will be available to all MUVE student members. The recipient is presented with the award at the ESA Annual Meeting during the MUVE networking business meeting.
For questions about this award, please contact MUVE Past-President Michael Reiskind.
The nominee must an ESA student member affiliated with the MUVE Section at the time the award is received.
Nomination packages must include:
- Cover letter to the MUVE president, describe briefly your interest in the ESA and MUVE, and career goals.
- A 2-3 page CV (Click here for the CV template).
- A nomination letter from your academic advisor.
- One page research abstract, including statement of the research problem, objectives, methods and approaches, and progress to date.
- All documents should be saved individually as they will be uploaded as separate tasks in the submission site.
Nominees will be judged using the following criteria for a total of 50 points:
- Academic Record (maximum 10 points)
- Publications (maximum 10 points)
- Non-ref Pubs (maximum 5 points)
- Outreach/Extension (maximum 5 points)
- Teaching (maximum 5 points)
- Contributions to ESA (maximum 5 points)
- Project Abstract (maximum 5 points)
- Support Letter (maximum 5 points)
All nominations should be submitted via the MUVE Award Nomination website. All documents should be saved individually as they will be uploaded as separate tasks in the submission site. Font size for text may not be smaller than 10 point.
The awards administrator will notify all candidates and their nominators with the results of their nominations approximately two months after the nomination submission deadline.
|2021||Rebecca Butler, Corey Day, Casey Flint, Johnalynn Gordon, Victoria Pickens, Kristin Sloyer|
|2020||Abdulsalam Adegoke, Tse-Yu Chen, Kara Fikrig, Brandon Hall, Cameron Osborne, Jayshree Patel, Victoria Pickens, Hannah Quellhorst, Kristin Sloyer|
|2019||Paula Castillo, Hannah Greenberg, Hannah Quellhorst, Shannon Sket, Caixing Xiong|
|2018||Charity Owens, Ethan C. Degner, Aaron Ashbrook, Sang-Bin Lee, Christopher E. Bibbs|
|2017||Sanjay Basnet, Meredith Spence Beaulieu, Ashleigh Faris, Sudip Gaire, Annie Rich|
|2016||Brittany Campbell, Mark Janowiecki, Casey Parker, Mary Rushton|
|2015||Michael Bentley, Jenny Carlson, Kyndall Dye, Chong Chin Heo, Amy Murillo|
|2014||Sydney Crawley, Zachary DeVries, Chris Holderman, Garima Kakkar, Breanna Lyle, Erika Machtinger, Javier Miguelena, Meaghan Pimsler, Tamra Reall, James Ricci|
Nomination packages must be received via the MUVE Student Travel Award Submission Site by May 6, 2022. This deadline refers to receipt by the awards administrator of a complete package in a readable format.