2021 Virtual Southeastern Branch Meeting Call for Symposia
The Program Committee is dedicated to our members. Therefore, this year, we are seeking symposia promoting the interests of students and early career professionals (ECPs), in addition to symposia which are relevant and responsive to current and emerging entomological issues. The deadline for symposia submissions is Friday, January 29, 2021.
The theme of next year’s meeting is Embracing Challenges, Perseverance, and Moving Forward. All symposia ideas are welcome! We encourage members to be creative in developing submissions and offer suggestions for topics that are especially relevant to student and ECP members:
- Career development
- Keeping your degree on track in the midst of COVID
- Interviewing for jobs in a virtual environment
- Preparing and applying for jobs in academia, industry, government, and non-traditional careers in entomology
If you would like to discuss a symposium idea prior to submitting a proposal, please contact the Program Chairs, Drs. Lina Bernaola and Rodrigo Diaz.
Symposia Proposal Requirements
Proposals are to be submitted online, and submitters are required to provide:
- Session Title
- Summary Statement of the Goal or Concept, and Objectives
- Brief Symposium Description (50 words or less, required)
- List of several speakers you plan to invite to participate in your symposium
- Comments for Program Organizers (optional)
- Total time required
- Organizer name(s) and contact information
Symposia Proposal Deadlines
The call for symposia will close on January 29, 2021. All successful applications will be confirmed and notified by early February.
We look forward to hearing from you!