Southeastern Branch Meeting Call for Symposia
The SEB-ESA Program Committee is seeking symposia that are relevant and responsive to current and emerging entomological issues for the 2019 SEB-ESA Annual Meeting (3-6 March 2019) in Mobile, Alabama.
Agricultural IPM topics are always well-represented at SEB and we are proud of our history of accomplishments in this area. We continue to encourage submissions in this area, while also seeking submissions on new topics.
Selection of proposals will be aimed at spanning the range of interests of SEB-ESA members, including emerging topics in entomology, and representing the geographic and gender diversity of members. We strongly encourage submissions from Early Career Professionals and students!
All symposia ideas are welcome! We encourage members to be creative in developing submissions and offer some suggestions for topics that are less commonly seen at our meetings:
- Big data applications in entomology
- Entomology collections, museum data and/or research, systematics
- Science communication
- Innovations in teaching, extension, and outreach
- Medical/veterinary/public health/urban entomology
- Molecular biology applications in entomology
- Landscape ecology
We also plan on hosting our recurring annual symposia:
- Turf and Ornamentals
- Biological control
If you would like to discuss a symposium idea prior to submitting a proposal, please contact Dr. Rebecca Schmidt-Jeffris.
Symposia Proposal Requirements
Proposals are to be submitted online, and submitters are required to provide:
- Session Title
- Summary Statement of the Goal or Concept, and Objectives
- Brief Symposium Description (50 words or less, required)
- List of several speakers you plan to invite to participate in your symposium
- Comments for Program Organizers (not required)
- Total time required: 2 or 4 hours
- Organizer name(s) and contact information
Symposia Proposal Deadlines
The call for symposia will close on October 15, 2018. All successful applications will be confirmed and notified by early November.