L.O. Howard Distinguished Achievement Award
The L. O. Howard Distinguished Achievement Award was established by the Eastern Branch of the Entomological Society of America in 1974 to recognize scientists who have made significant contributions in the field of entomology. The awardee will be recognized by the presentation of a framed certificate at the annual meeting of the Eastern Branch of the Entomological Society of America.
For questions regarding the award or nomination process, please contact Tom Kuhar.
The nominee must be a current member of the Eastern Branch of the Entomological Society of America and must be deemed to have significantly and meritoriously contributed to the advancement of entomology. Nominations of Eastern Branch members are encouraged from all major divisions and departments of entomology, including academic and experiment station departments, and federal, state and industrial groups, as well as individuals.
- Nomination letter that includes a biographical sketch of the nominee, a narrative regarding the contributions upon which the nomination is based, and a photo-ready digital image of the nominee.
- Current CV (3 pgs. plus publications).
- Up to three support letters. These should be concise and provide a factual analysis of the nominee's accomplishments.
All nomination packages must be submitted electronically to the Eastern Branch Nomination Website according to the following specifications (paper nominations will not be accepted):
- Only the following file formats will be accepted: PDF (Adobe Portable Document Format), RTF (Rich Text Format), TIF graphic files, or JPG graphic files. Files created on either PC or MAC platforms will be accepted. Please make sure scanned images can be clearly read on a computer screen.
- Font size for text may not be smaller than 11 point.
- The maximum upload size is 2 MB per file.
- Nominators are encouraged, though not required, to submit the package as one continuous document rather than as individual files.
Previous recipients of this award are ineligible. However, renomination of unsuccessful candidates is encouraged.
View the list of those who have previously received this award.
Nomination packages must be received by the ESA Awards Administrator via the Eastern Branch Nomination Website by Monday January 6, 2020 at 12:00 Midnight Eastern Time. This deadline refers to receipt by the Awards Administrator of a complete package in a readable format.