International Branch Graduate Student Award
An award of $250 USD will be provided in recognition to a graduate student for their course work and research culminating in scholarship. The awardee will be recognized at the International Branch Meeting taking place during the Annual Meeting of the Entomological Society of America.
Candidates must be enrolled in graduate school and currently be researching an entomological problem at a recognized institution. Students may apply to only one of the International Branch student awards during a given year. Membership in the International Branch of the Entomological Society of America is required.
Candidates will submit the following nomination materials:
- Description of research (max. 1 page) including details of originality and difficulty of research. If they exist, details of proficiency in fields other than Entomology should also be provided.
- Curriculum vitae (max. 2 pages) which should include:
- Grade Point Average (G.P.A.) (if provided by institution) or a similar measure of academic assessment for both undergraduate and graduate course work.
- List of oral and/or poster presentations. Please provide complete citations.
- List of publications (refereed or non-refereed). Please provide complete citations.
- Teaching experience (academic, outreach or extension)
- Awards, honors and scholarships
- Committee participation and membership of professional societies.
- Transcripts of all college course work as confirmation of G. P. A. or a similar measure of academic assessment (scanned transcripts are acceptable).
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from faculty members of his/her institution.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from his/her peers (note: use current or recent graduate students who can evaluate the candidate's academic, research, and professional accomplishments)
- Note: Please request e-mail delivery of all letters, either scanned signed document [PDF] or an unsigned Word document that uses the sender's e-mail will suffice as a confirmation of authenticity of the letter.
- A photograph of the nominee (digital image file but less than <1MB in size).
View the list of those who have previously received this award.
Nomination packages must be submitted in an electronic format to the International Branch Award Committee Chair, Robin Gunning, by July 31, 2018.