NCB Award of Merit
The purpose of the North Central Branch Award of Merit is to recognize individuals making outstanding contributions to the North Central Branch of the Entomological Society of America. The nominees will be judged on continued, superior accomplishments in service without reference to other entomological achievements. The awardee will be recognized at the Annual Meetings of the North Central Branch with a plaque presented by the NCB President.
For more information about this award, please contact the chair of the NCB Honorary & Professional Awards Committee, Kevin Rice.
All active members with at least 10 years of membership in the NCB are eligible, and all aspects of entomology may be considered. The awardee is not eligible to receive any other NCB award for the current year. Previous awardees are not eligible for the NCB Award of Merit. For nominees who were not selected last year, the nominator and nominee should consider re-submitting the nomination with updated nomination materials.
Nomination packages should include:
- Letter of nomination with emphasis on the individual's contributions (e.g. service) to the NCB and ESA
- CV of the nominee, to include a list of professional positions, a detailed record of NCB and ESA service, highlights of professional accomplishments, including a summary (not a detailed list) of publications and presentations, and a summary of awards, honors, and special recognitions
- Two letters of support (in addition to the letter of nomination).
The nomination package is not to exceed 20 pages (11-point font or larger), including the letter of nomination and supporting letters. For questions about this award, please contact the chair of the Honorary Awards Committee.
All nomination packages must be submitted electronically according to the following specifications (paper nominations will not be accepted):
- Only the following file formats will be accepted: PDF (Adobe Portable Document Format), RTF (Rich Text Format), TIF graphic files, or JPG graphic files. Files created on either PC or MAC platforms will be accepted. Please make sure scanned images can be clearly read on a computer screen.
- Font size for text may not be smaller than 11 point.
- The maximum upload size is 2 MB per file.
- Nominators are encouraged, though not required, to submit the package as one continuous document rather than as individual files.
The North Central Branch Honorary Awards Committee will evaluate all eligible nominations. A recipient will be chosen by the committee based on information received in the nominations. The committee reserves the right to solicit additional information if necessary to make final selections.
View the list of those who have previously received this award.
Nomination packages must be submitted online via the North Central Branch Awards website by April 15, 2021.