Pacific Branch Medical, Urban, and Veterinary Entomology Award
The awardee must have developed an excellent record of accomplishment in one of the sub-disciplines of medical, urban, or veterinary entomology. Studies may have focused on forensic entomology, epidemiology, integrated disease management, human and veterinary parasitology, public health pest management, mosquito control, management of structural pests (e.g., termites, ants), and other related topics.
Any questions regarding the award or nomination process, please contact Mary Sorensen.
Nominees must be an ESA member of the Pacific Branch.
Nomination packages should include the following:
- Letter of nomination
- CV of the nominee
- Up to three letters of endorsement
- Three of the most relevant reprints (does not count towards the 20 page limit).
Only PDF files will be accepted. Supporting image files should be embedded into the document, and should be of sufficient resolution for easy viewing. All nomination packets are limited to a maximum of 20 pages. (Any reprints are not included in the 20 page limit.)
Nominees will be judged using the following criteria for a total of 100 points:
- Extent and quality of accomplishments in forensic entomology, epidemiology, integrated disease management, human and veterinary parasitology, public health pest management, mosquito control, management of structural pests (e.g., termites, ants), and/or other related topics (50 pts)
- Extent and quality of work within the Pacific Branch region (30 pts)
- Extent and quality of impacts of work on students, stakeholders, colleagues, and others (20 pts)
View the list of those who have previously received this award.
Nomination packages must be submitted online via the Pacific Branch Nomination website by Friday, February 7, 2020 12:00 Midnight. This deadline refers to receipt by the Awards Administrator of a complete package in a readable format. Please inform the canvasing committee of an intent to nominate by Wednesday, January 15, 2020 via email to Mary Sorensen.