Pacific Branch Medical, Urban, and Veterinary Entomology Award
The awardee must have developed an excellent record of accomplishment in one of the sub-disciplines of medical, urban, or veterinary entomology. Studies may have focused on forensic entomology, epidemiology, integrated disease management, human and veterinary parasitology, public health pest management, mosquito control, management of structural pests (e.g., termites, ants), and other related topics.
View the list of those who have previously received this award.
Nominees must be an ESA member of the Pacific Branch.
- Letter of nomination
- CV of the nominee
- Up to three letters of endorsement
- Three of the most relevant reprints (does not count towards the 20 page limit).
Submit the award nomination packet through the Pacific Branch Award Nomination Website.
Only PDF files will be accepted. Supporting image files should be embedded into the document, and should be of sufficient resolution for easy viewing. All nomination packets are limited to a maximum of 20 pages. (Any reprints are not included in the 20 page limit.)
- Extent and quality of accomplishments in forensic entomology, epidemiology, integrated disease management, human and veterinary parasitology, public health pest management, mosquito control, management of structural pests (e.g., termites, ants), and/or other related topics (50 pts)
- Extent and quality of work within the Pacific Branch region (30 pts)
- Extent and quality of impacts of work on students, stakeholders, colleagues, and others (20 pts)
Nomination packages must be received by the ESA Awards Administrator via the Pacific Branch Nomination Website by Monday March 19, 2018 at 12:00 Midnight. This deadline refers to receipt by the Awards Administrator of a complete package in a readable format. Please inform the canvasing committee of an intent to nominate by Monday February 19, 2018 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
Any questions regarding the award or nomination process please email Chuck Burks (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Mary Sorensen (email@example.com)