Pacific Branch Plant-Insect Ecosystems Award
This award will be given to an individual with outstanding accomplishments in the study of insect interrelationships with plants. Emphases can include behavioral, ecological, and evolutionary relationships in natural or human-manipulated landscapes, as well as integrated pest management (IPM) in agriculture, horticulture, forests, and lawns and gardens. Aspects of crop protection, host-plant response, plant pathology/vectors, pollination, biological control, microbial control, and related topics are relevant.
View the list of those who have previously received this award.
Nominees must be an ESA member of the Pacific Branch.
- Letter of nomination
- CV of the nominee
- Up to three letters of endorsement
- Three of the most relevant reprints (does not count towards the 20 page limit).
Submit the award nomination packet through the Pacific Branch Award Nomination Website.
- Extent and quality of accomplishments in crop protection, host-plant response, plant pathology/vectors, pollination, biological control, microbial control, and/or related topics are relevant (50 pts)
- Extent and quality of work within the Pacific Branch region (30 pts)
- Extent and quality of impacts of work on students, stakeholders, colleagues, and others (20 pts)
Only PDF files will be accepted. Supporting image files should be embedded into the document, and should be of sufficient resolution for easy viewing. All nomination packets are limited to a maximum of 20 pages. (Any reprints are not included in the 20 page limit.)
Nomination packages must be received by the ESA Awards Administrator via the Pacific Branch Nomination Website by Monday March 19, 2018 at 12:00 Midnight. This deadline refers to receipt by the Awards Administrator of a complete package in a readable format. Please inform the canvasing committee of an intent to nominate by Monday February 19, 2018 via email to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any questions regarding the award or nomination process please email Chuck Burks (email@example.com) or Mary Sorensen (firstname.lastname@example.org)