Pacific Branch Systematics, Evolution, and Biodiversity Award
This award recognizes an individual who has achieved excellence in at least one of the entomological sub-disciplines of systematics, evolution, and biodiversity. Accomplishments in morphology, ecology, genetics, phylogeny, nomenclature, biogeography, and other related areas are eligible.
Nominees must be an ESA member of the Pacific Branch.
Nomination packages should include the following:
- Letter of nomination
- CV of the nominee
- Up to three letters of recommendation
- Three of the most relevant reprints (does not count towards the 20 page limit).
Only PDF files will be accepted. Supporting image files should be embedded into the document, and should be of sufficient resolution for easy viewing. All nomination packets are limited to a maximum of 20 pages. (Any reprints are not included in the 20 page limit.)
Nominees will be judged using the following criteria for a total of 100 points:
- Extent and quality of accomplishments in insect morphology, ecology, genetics, phylogeny, nomenclature, biogeography, and/or other related areas (50 pts)
- Extent and quality of work within the Pacific Branch region (30 pts)
- Extent and quality of impacts of work on students, stakeholders, colleagues, and others (20 pts)
View the list of those who have previously received this award.
Nomination packages must be submitted online via the Pacific Branch Nomination website by Monday March 19, 2018 at 12:00 Midnight. This deadline refers to receipt by the Awards Administrator of a complete package in a readable format. Please inform the canvasing committee of an intent to nominate by Monday February 19, 2018 via email to Chuck Burks or Mary Sorensen.