Pacific Branch Entomology Team Work Award
This award recognizes the successful efforts of a small collaborative team of entomologists to achieve outstanding accomplishments in research and education. A team is defined as no more than 10 members, and documentation of achievements in both research and education (university and K-12 teaching, extension, and other types of outreach) must be included.
Any questions regarding the award or nomination process, please contact Ayman Mostafa.
Nominees must be an ESA member of the Pacific Branch.
Nomination packages should include the following:
- Letter of nomination that provides a brief explanation of the team work
- A 6-10 page summary of the team project and accomplishments
- Up to three letters of support and recognition of team success
- Two page CV for each team member (CV's do not count towards the 20 page limit).
Only PDF files will be accepted. Supporting image files should be embedded into the document, and should be of sufficient resolution for easy viewing. All nomination packets are limited to a maximum of 20 pages. (Any reprints are not included in the 20 page limit.)
Nominees will be judged using the following criteria for a total of 100 points:
- Extent and quality of small collaborative team accomplishments in research and education (50 pts) (A team is defined as no more than 10 members, and documentation of achievements in both research and education (university and K-12 teaching, Extension, and other types of outreach) must be included)
- Extent and quality of work within the Pacific Branch region (30 pts)
- Extent and quality of impacts of work on students, stakeholders, colleagues, and others (20 pts)
View the list of those who have previously received this award.
Nomination packages must be submitted online via the Pacific Branch Nomination website by Friday, February 19, 2021 by 12:00 Midnight. This deadline refers to receipt by the Awards Administrator of a complete package in a readable format.