Pacific Branch Entomology Team Work Award
his award recognizes the successful efforts of a small collaborative team of entomologists to achieve outstanding accomplishments in research and education. A team is defined as no more than 10 members, and documentation of achievements in both research and education (university and K-12 teaching, Extension, and other types of outreach) must be included.
View the list of those who have previously received this award.
Nominees must be an ESA member of the Pacific Branch.
- Letter of nomination that provides a brief explanation of the team work
- A 6-10 page summary of the team project and accomplishments
- Up to three letters of support and recognition of team success
- Two page CV for each team member (CV's do not count towards the 20 page limit).
Submit the award nomination packet through the Pacific Branch Award Nomination Website.
Only PDF files will be accepted. Supporting image files should be embedded into the document, and should be of sufficient resolution for easy viewing. All nomination packets are limited to a maximum of 20 pages. (Any reprints are not included in the 20 page limit.)
- Extent and quality of small collaborative team accomplishments in research and education (50 pts) (A team is defined as no more than 10 members, and documentation of achievements in both research and education (university and K-12 teaching, Extension, and other types of outreach) must be included)
- Extent and quality of work within the Pacific Branch region (30 pts)
- Extent and quality of impacts of work on students, stakeholders, colleagues, and others (20 pts)
Nomination packages must be received by the ESA Awards Administrator via the Pacific Branch Nomination Website by Monday March 19, 2018 at 12:00 Midnight. This deadline refers to receipt by the Awards Administrator of a complete package in a readable format. Please inform the canvasing committee of an intent to nominate by Monday February 19, 2018 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
Any questions regarding the award or nomination process please email Chuck Burks (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Mary Sorensen (email@example.com)