C. W. Woodworth Award
This award recognizes an individual Pacific Branch ESA member for outstanding accomplishments in entomology over at least the past 10 years. Active participation in the Pacific Branch is considered. Individual Pacific Branch members, industry representatives, departments, and other extension and research units are encouraged to submit nominations.
Any questions regarding the award or nomination process, please contact Dr. Ayman Mostafa.
Nominees must be an ESA member of the Pacific Branch.
Nomination packages should include the following:
- A photo-ready digital image for use in the branch meeting program
- Biographical sketch of the nominee
- Specific identification of the accomplishments on which the nomination is based
- An evaluation and appraisal of the nominee's accomplishments, particularly the work to be recognized for the award
- List of publications
- Up to three reprints may be included which exemplify the work on which the nomination is based (Can be a separate file from the nomination packet.)
- Up to three support letters. These should be concise and provide a factual analysis of the nominee's accomplishments.
- Participation in the Pacific Branch ESA will be considered, such as meeting attendance, committee service, offices held, encouragement of student involvement in the Branch, and other relevant activities.
Only PDF files will be accepted. Supporting image files should be embedded into the document, and should be of sufficient resolution for easy viewing. All nomination packets are limited to a maximum of 20 pages. (Any reprints are not included in the 20 page limit.)
Nominees will be judged using the following criteria for a total of 100 points:
- Extent and quality of accomplishments in entomology research, extension, teaching, and/or industry (quality and number of papers, students mentored, presentations, courses taught, contributions to product development, etc. (50 pts)
- Extent and quality of work within the Pacific Branch region (20 pts)
- Extent and quality of impacts of work on students, stakeholders, colleagues, and others (20 pts)
- Extent and quality of participation in PBESA such as meeting attendance, committee service, offices held, encouragement of student involvement in Branch, etc. (10 pts)
View the list of those who have previously received this award.
Nomination packages must be submitted online via the award nomination website by Monday January 10, 2022 Midnight (EST). This deadline refers to receipt by the Awards Administrator of a complete package in a readable format.