Southeastern Branch Award for Excellence in Integrated Pest Management
This award recognizes and encourages outstanding contributions to integrated pest management in North America and U.S. possessions. Recipients of this award are nominated for the ESA Award for Excellence in Integrated Pest Management. For more information about this award, contact SEB Professional Awards Chair, Greg Wiggins.
Nominations for this award may be made by any ESA-SEB member or unit administrator in the SEB region. Members of the Awards Committee are not eligible to nominate candidates or receive this award during their terms. The award will be presented at the ESA-SEB Annual Meeting. The recipient is expected to be present at this meeting to receive the award.
Individual nominations may be made by any ESA member, but nominations through an ESA Branch are encouraged. Each Branch should submit one new nominee each year. The Branches should select their nominee on a merit basis from a review of recently published work. Nominations packages must include the following:
- Cover page with the year and name, address, telephone number and email address of nominee
- Letter of nomination
- Academic record, including degrees, dates and institutions
- Brief description of employment and professional experience in IPM
- Statement of IPM accomplishments on which the nomination is based
- Assessment of the nominee's accomplishments emphasizing work during the preceding 10-year period to be recognized by the award
- Professional activities during past 10 years, including professional society offices and memberships
- List of publications and patents during past 10 years
- List of scholarly presentations during past 10 years
- Related information, including awards and other recognition
- Additional supporting information, including no more than three letters of recommendation from professional colleagues
- Up to three copies of relevant publications written by the nominee that were published during the last 10 years must accompany the nomination. A bibliography of the nominee’s publications during this time period also is to be provided.
Nominees/candidates will be judged using the following criteria for a total of 100 points:
- Research (70 points total)
- Recentness of accomplishment (last 3-4 years) (10)
- Directly related to IPM (10)
- Quality of research (10)
- Originality of research (10)
- Interpretation of results (10)
- Quality of publication upon which nomination is based (10)
- Honors, awards, achievements, and recognition (10)
- Impact of Research Findings (select one, up to 30 points)
- Minor (1)
- Moderate (5)
- Important (10)
- Great (20)
- Outstanding (30)
Any candidate nominated, but not selected, may be renominated no more than two times within the two-year period after his/her initial submission. Renomination packages will be retained for two years by the awards administrator. Nominators must send a letter of renomination to the awards administrator by the award deadline above. Previously submitted documentation will be used for the evaluation process unless the nominator submits new or updated documents. The renomination e-mail must contain this additional documentation. New or updated documents must follow the electronic submission requirements noted above.
The awards administrator will notify all candidates and their nominators with the results of their nomination approximately two months after the nomination submission deadline.
View the list of those who have previously received this award.
The ESA SEB Members Award Chair must receive nomination packages by Tuesday December 8, 2020. This deadline refers to receipt of a complete package in a readable format. Therefore, early submission is highly recommended. All submissions must be placed through the Southeastern Branch Award submission site.