Southwestern Branch John Henry Comstock Graduate Student Award
This award is given to one graduate student from the Southwestern Branch to promote interest in entomology at the graduate level and to stimulate interest in attending the fall/winter ESA Annual Meeting. The winner of the will be recognized at the Southwestern Branch Meeting and will receive an all-expenses-paid trip to the ESA Annual Meeting, a $100 cash prize, and a certificate. Expenses paid include reimbursed airfare, free hotel arrangements, free meeting registration, and a per diem allowance.
- Application for Society membership (student or active) must have been made prior to January 1 of the year the Award is made. An active member returning for graduate study is not eligible.
- The applicant must be enrolled as a graduate student at least half-time and in graduate school at the time of (or have completed the degree within the last 12 months preceding) the presentation of the Award.
- The applicant must be pursuing a course leading to a graduate degree.
Nomination packages should include:
- Statement of nominee’s interests and goals in entomology (strictly limited to two pages double spaced)
- Description of significant awards and achievements (strictly limited to two pages double spaced)
- Vitae with:
- Awards and achievements
- Publications (limited to published or in-press submissions)
- Other citable professional activities
- List of oral and poster presentations at professional meetings.
- Nomination letter and two additional letters of support from professional references all-inclusive in one document [PDF]
- Photograph of the nominee (as a digital image file [JPG])
View the list of those who have previously received this award.
Nomination packages must be submitted online via the Southwestern Branch Nomination website by Friday, February 15, 2019. This deadline refers to receipt by the Awards Administrator of a complete package in a readable format.