Eastern Branch Distinguished Achievement Award in Extension
This award recognizes an Eastern Branch member for outstanding contributions in the area of extension. The winner of this award will be recognized at the Eastern Branch Meeting and will be submitted to the ESA Distinguished Achievement Award in Extension as the Branch nominee for that year. The Eastern Branch committee chair will notify all candidates and their nominators with the results of their nomination approximately two months after the nomination submission deadline.
For questions regarding the award or nomination process, please contact Brian Nault.
The nominee must be a current ESA member of the Eastern Branch, and must have demonstrated excellent performance through program creativity, impact, achievement, and delivery. NOTE: Members can only submit in one Branch each year.
- CV-Related Items: Nominators must provide a CV which includes the below sections. View a full listing of what should be included in each of the sections.
- Section 1 - Background Information
- Section 4 - Extension/ Outreach
- Section 5 - Service
- Other Items:
- Letter of nomination that provides a brief explanation of how the individual excelled in performing his/her duties, including innovations in training, programs, and methods
- Up to three letters of endorsement from professional colleagues and clientele
Nominees/candidates will be judged using the following criteria for a total of 100 points:
- Professional Background (60 points total)
- Leadership and participation in professional activities (10)
- Honors, awards, achievements, and recognition (7)
- Special assignments and committee activities (10)
- Service outside of extension, including community activities (7)
- Grantsmanship (8)
- Recommendation of colleagues, peer groups, etc. (8)
- Publications (10)
- Program Management (40 points total)
- Creativity and innovation of program's concept (8)
- Development, educational strategy (8)
- Implementation, including publications (8)
- Diversity of program's delivery (8)
- Evidence of program's impact (8)
Any candidate nominated, but not selected, may be re-nominated no more than two times within the two-year period after his/her initial submission. Nomination packages will be retained for two years by the awards administrator. Nominators must send a letter of re-nomination to the awards administrator by the nomination deadline above. Previously submitted documentation will be used for the evaluation process unless the nominator submits new or updated documents. The re-nomination e-mail must contain this additional documentation. New or updated documents must follow the electronic submission requirements noted above.
View the list of those who have previously received this award.
Nomination packages must be received by the ESA Awards Administrator via the Eastern Branch Nomination Website by Thursday December 17, 2020 at 12:00 Midnight Eastern Time. This deadline refers to receipt by the Awards Administrator of a complete package in a readable format.