The MUVE Section is for people with an interest in how insects affect humans, domestic and wild animals, and our urban environment. Topics include medical entomology, urban entomology, veterinary entomology, forensic entomology, epidemiology, integrated disease management, human and veterinary parasitology, public health pest management, mosquito control, management of structural pests (e.g., termites, ants), and others.
Congratulations to our 2017 Award Winners!
Shripat Kamble Urban Entomology Graduate Student Award for Innovative Research
- Mark Janowiecki, Texas A&M University
MUVE Student Travel Awards
- Sanjay Basnet, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- Meredith Spence Beaulieu, North Carolina State University
- Ashleigh Faris, Texas A&M University
- Sudip Gaire, Purdue University
- Annie Rich, University of Georgia
MUVE Scientific Reports and Decision Papers
- Summary of the ESA Symposium: "What role to insects play in the Ebola virus transmission?"
- ESA Policy Statement on Tick-Borne Diseases
- MUVE Newsletter - June 2017
- MUVE Newsletter - April 2017
- Have an update you would like to share? Click here to submit member news.