Pacific Branch Distinguished Achievement Award in Extension
The nomination from PBESA to the National ESA competition for the Distinguished Achievement Award in Extension. This award recognizes an individual who has made outstanding contributions to extension entomology.
Nominees must be an ESA member of the Pacific Branch.
Nomination packages should include the following:
- Letter of nomination
- CV of the nominee
- Up to three letters of recommendation
- Documentation of extension activities and impacts
Only PDF files will be accepted. Supporting image files should be embedded into the document, and should be of sufficient resolution for easy viewing. All nomination packets are limited to a maximum of 20 pages. (Any reprints are not included in the 20 page limit.)
Nominees will be judged using the following criteria for a total of 100 points:
- Professional Background (60 points total)
- Leadership and participation in professional activities (10)
- Honors, awards, achievements, and recognition (7)
- Special assignments and committee activities (10)
- Service outside of extension, including community activities (7)
- Grantsmanship (8)
- Recommendation of colleagues, peer groups, etc. (8)
- Publications (10)
- Program Management (40 points total)
- Creativity and innovation of program's concept (8)
- Development, educational strategy (8)
- Implementation, including publications (8)
- Diversity of program's delivery (8)
- Evidence of program's impact (8)
View the list of those who have previously received this award.
Nomination packages must be submitted online via the Pacific Branch Nomination website by Monday March 19, 2018 at 12:00 Midnight. This deadline refers to receipt by the Awards Administrator of a complete package in a readable format. Please inform the canvasing committee of an intent to nominate by Monday February 19, 2018 via email to Chuck Burks or Mary Sorensen.